Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Johnson situation

Default Re: Holly Johnson situation

Procedures are put off all the time without consequence. Some examples are partial ligament tears, meniscus tears.

It actually happens a lot in foot and ankles as a good trainer can support these joints with tape and bracing and get a athlete through a season.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Except she had a second procedure on the injury a week ago. So tell me again the difference between hurt and injured? I don't have a problem with NDSU's medical people making a mistake, that's going to happen from time to time even with the best care. I do have a problem with anybody in a position of influence discouraging a person from seeking a second opinion.
    I am not completely on board with this. Walseth is basing her opinion on what the medical staff is telling her. They should have the best interest of the program in mind and putting an injured player out there isn't in the best interest of the program. Just because she had another procedure done doesn't mean there were wrong opinions in the first place. Also if a coach is being told by the medical staff someone is cleared, the student/athlete was being told they are cleared, and there is still a reluctance to play, at what point does it become the player either gets on the court or gets on with another program? I am also reluctant to believe what is being reported is the entire context of the conversation.

Thank you for your time here Holly. I am sorry your injuries have made it difficult to use your entire eligibility as a Bison athlete. I am glad you got a degree and sorry there isn't another scholarship available for next season here. Maybe you will find yourself as the missing piece for a one year run with someone rather than being the one not in the plans with the Bison program. It isn't anyone's fault, sometimes changed plans don't work out. There are a lot worse things in life than having a school pay for a four year degree and not have room for a fifth year because their plans are different.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Perhaps I should have said "if" instead of "with"; a misdiagnosis isn't malpractice, but it's not some sort of contest between the doctors. I'm not sure what you're driving at with the "unsupported credence" and "supposedly". Is that intended to imply she's lying about having another procedure? Imply that she had the second procedure unnecessarily? The second doctor is wrong and the first doctor was right? But, you've got me distracted from the point, lawyered.

Whatever happened there isn't the problem. The problem is the coach actively discouraged her from seeking a second opinion.
    Right, your position assumes second (her chosen Doctor) was correct. Y would you assume that? What evidence supports your position?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Right, your position assumes second (her chosen Doctor) was correct. Y would you assume that? What evidence supports your position?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Both doctors could and more than likely are correct. Different ways to treat things. 6 months from now she will probably have the same outcome with both options

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Both doctors could and more than likely are correct. Different ways to treat things. 6 months from now she will probably have the same outcome with both options
    Witch supports CW's position. There are human factors involved here, and Holly apparently went with her's. The consequences followed. Is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

That is what makes the story so badly told. Without saying what the second procedure is or even what the second opinion is, people can paint whatever picture they want to. It could have been everyone is right but if your season is over today, we can go in and clean up more and have it be less painless. Also what is missing here is what happens if the second opinion is identical to everything else? It doesn't sound like this student/athlete was comfortable playing feeling like this either way. Was the reality this season was over anyways? Lastly, the first opinion might have always been additional surgery might relieve pain but does nothing for the injury. So if a person has a second opinion and surgery, it doesn't mean the information was bad the first time around. It means no one is talking about it and only one person can. There are so many holes here that the article itself just comes off as sniping a coach or program because a student/athlete didn't get what they wanted. I want real investigative journalism. Where a journalist gets access by the student/athlete to all of the medical files and sits down with a orthopedic surgeon and develops exactly where everything is at and how it should have been perceived.

What should have been done???? Should a scholly be pulled from a incoming recruit?????
    She said was willing to come back as a walkon but was told there wasnt a spot on the roster for her. This just doesnt seem right. Was this a miss step by the new coach? Probably. But she wasnt supposed to be there next year so there were no plans for her. Bad situation and timing.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

This is my understanding of the situation:

1. HJ gets hurt in August and has surgery, out 8-12 weeks depending on rehab.
    2. CW recruits and signs 7 freshmen for next season believing that HJ is going to play this season and use up her eligibility.
    3. HJ doesn't feel her injury is healing properly even though the team physicions believe she is on schedule and should be able to play.
    4. CW and HJ have a convo about her playing or not playing and CW says HJ either plays or CW will try to help find her a spot at another school next season because the scholarships and roster for next year is going to be full.
    5. HJ gets her feelers hurt and goes ahead with the second opinion and another surgery effectivily ending her Bison career.
    6.CW ends up looking like the bad person when in reality it's nothing more then a bad situation made worse by whining to the media.

who the heck is CW?

But the big mistake is signing SEVEN Freshman and not holding back one or two schollies for unforeseen situations. Good luck coaching 15 players next year, The parents will be crying to coach about PT when their babies are riding the bench. Breske doesnt even want to play basketball, yet for a free ride. Sorry but the girls say she just doesnt care and is recluse. But she fits the mold????

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    who the heck is CW?

But the big mistake is signing SEVEN Freshman and not holding back one or two schollies for unforeseen situations. Good luck coaching 15 players next year, The parents will be crying to coach about PT when their babies are riding the bench. Breske doesnt even want to play basketball, yet for a free ride. Sorry but the girls say she just doesnt care and is recluse. But she fits the mold????
    Coach Walseth or otherwise know as the person NDSU hired to make these decisions