Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Johnson situation

Default Re: Holly Johnson situation

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBorne View Post
    Holly was screwed by Walseth and NDSU. No way to get around this, but many posters can't seem to post with compassion and ethics.

This will haunt WBB for a long time.
    Apropos of nothing, but I haven't seen star2city/siouxvolley around for a while... I can't imagine how much he has suffered seeing all of NDSU's success, especially since UND's move to DI has been such an abject failure. I'm guessing his frequent tears of impotent rage have a pH of around 8 or 9. Man, it would really suck to be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBorne View Post
    Something Lynn Dorn would say. That kind of thinking is what got us here to begin with.
    No. Keeping DeHoff around is what got us here.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    What should have been done???? Should a scholly be pulled from a incoming recruit?????

Th a lot of bench players not getting P.T..
    So you add another person into the mix who honestly isn't going to play into the rebuilding 2 years down the road. Unfortunately our future isn't next year it is 2,3 and 4 years down the road.

This program was left in such shambles that it was not going to be a fast turn around. Might as well go young and take our lumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So you add another person into the mix who honestly isn't going to play into the rebuilding 2 years down the road. Unfortunately our future isn't next year it is 2,3 and 4 years down the road.

This program was left in such shambles that it was not going to be a fast turn around. Might as well go young and take our lumps.
    I'm not sure how actively discouraging a player from seeking an independent medical opinion contributes to turning around the program.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

It's pointless to debate this. The ethical makeup of this coach has been laid out for all to see and Holly (and Jack Micheals) are not afraid to to voice their opinions. Walseth painted herself into a corner and her weak attempt at damage control amplifies her character.

The physicians that NDSU uses are not going to clear someone to play who should not play. Now people are cleared to play all the time when they will have some pain especially right away as scar tissue continues to be broken up and the rehab process continues. A lot of times they can play and they are not going to cause further injury. Difference between hurt and injured. You see it all the time with athletes.

I wish her the best and hope she does well, she received 4 years of scholarship from NDSU, was able to play basketball, she was able to graduate with a degree. NDSU lived up to their part of the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The physicians that NDSU uses are not going to clear someone to play who should not play. Now people are cleared to play all the time when they will have some pain especially right away as scar tissue continues to be broken up and the rehab process continues. A lot of times they can play and they are not going to cause further injury. Difference between hurt and injured. You see it all the time with athletes.

I wish her the best and hope she does well, she received 4 years of scholarship from NDSU, was able to play basketball, she was able to graduate with a degree. NDSU lived up to their part of the bargain.
    Except she had a second procedure on the injury a week ago. So tell me again the difference between hurt and injured? I don't have a problem with NDSU's medical people making a mistake, that's going to happen from time to time even with the best care. I do have a problem with anybody in a position of influence discouraging a person from seeking a second opinion.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Except she had a second procedure on the injury a week ago. So tell me again the difference between hurt and injured? I don't have a problem with NDSU's medical people making a mistake, that's going to happen from time to time even with the best care. I do have a problem with anybody in a position of influence discouraging a person from seeking a second opinion.
    Your assuming a mistake was made. That's giving unsupported credence to whoever the doc was that supposedly did this recent procedure. Not buying in to it. But, you are correct in saying doctors make mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I don't feel this is something Dave Richman would do to one of his players. This is a normal decision that's done at a Big 10 program though. Whether people like it or not, at the end of the day it's a business decision. It doesn't portray Walseth in the most positive light, but I don't think she really cares at this point. If they start winning in the future, people will forget about this immediately. Scholarships are renewable on a yearly basis, just because you get a full ride doesn't guarantee you the full 4 or 5 seasons. You feel bad for Holly, but again it's a business decision on the head coach that she has to live with.

This is concerning for me because it doesn't make the NDSU's medical group look good in the least bit as others have stated. Asking a player to play with an injury that could effect her the rest of her life is stupid beyond words.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Your assuming a mistake was made. That's giving unsupported credence to whoever the doc was that supposedly did this recent procedure. Not buying in to it. But, you are correct in saying doctors make mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Perhaps I should have said "if" instead of "with"; a misdiagnosis isn't malpractice, but it's not some sort of contest between the doctors. I'm not sure what you're driving at with the "unsupported credence" and "supposedly". Is that intended to imply she's lying about having another procedure? Imply that she had the second procedure unnecessarily? The second doctor is wrong and the first doctor was right? But, you've got me distracted from the point, lawyered.

Whatever happened there isn't the problem. The problem is the coach actively discouraged her from seeking a second opinion.