Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Johnson situation

Default Re: Holly Johnson situation

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It's pretty easy to see that as pressure not to seek a second opinion if you're sitting in the player's chair.
    That's my position. So, no, I don't think I'm doing the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Aren't you doing the exact same?

I know none of the parties. All I know is what Holly and her supporters have said. But I am mature enough to realize there are two sides of the story. So, I am filing this away until I have more information that I can judge the program's actions on.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

That's my position. So, no, I don't think I'm doing the exact same thing.
    You have heard Holly's version. That's it. And basing everything on her version only.

You have heard Holly's version. That's it. And basing everything on her version only.
    1) NDSU has had ample opportunity to comment and they have said some things, so it's simply not true that only one side of the story is out there.

2) "It's pretty easy to see that as pressure not to seek a second opinion if you're sitting in the player's chair." is not a statement that takes sides. It's a statement of understanding and respecting a person's perspective on events that, as is evident from the 280 something comments here now, not everyone is going to interpret the same way. If she felt that way, and I think it's a reasonable take away from the published comments (but again other's clearly disagree), then I think anyone in her spot would be justified if they decided to speak publicly about what happened.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The team will be horrible for yet another season next year. And probably the next after that. By then walseth contract will be up the year after and she'll have found something better than a school in Fargo. I only hope we get someone with an ounce of ethical character And btw. Is she such a great coach because .... Yes? She was given a gift in
    Lamar last year and made a respectable conference run Whittle graduates another 18 ppg gone.

I know that I trust our leadership and by not commenting they are handling it just how the should....... internally. With that, I am not going to sit here and let a few pile on how NDSU did a player wrong without calling out the obvious BS in their stories. Its pretty clear some have an agenda and are simply using HJ as means to end.

1) NDSU has had ample opportunity to comment and they have said some things, so it's simply not true that only one side of the story is out there.

2) "It's pretty easy to see that as pressure not to seek a second opinion if you're sitting in the player's chair." is not a statement that takes sides. It's a statement of understanding and respecting a person's perspective on events that, as is evident from the 280 something comments here now, not everyone is going to interpret the same way. If she felt that way, and I think it's a reasonable take away from the published comments (but again other's clearly disagree), then I think anyone in her spot would be justified if they decided to speak publicly about what happened.
    Oh please. There are likely privacy issues that NDSU is faced with. Also, let's just presume for a moment that Holly was not professional and that is why they weren't really working with her. Would you really respect the program if they came out and trashed talked a former player?????? Really????????? Again, it takes two to tango. You are seriously better than these arguments you are making.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    The team will be horrible for yet another season next year. And probably the next after that. By then walseth contract will be up the year after and she'll have found something better than a school in Fargo. I only hope we get someone with an ounce of ethical character And btw. Is she such a great coach because .... Yes? She was given a gift in Lamar last year and made a respectable conference run Whittle graduates another 18 ppg gone.
    If she's a terrible coach how would she get a different job offer in a couple years?
    Hail Hydra.

Oh please. There are likely privacy issues that NDSU is faced with. Also, let's just presume for a moment that Holly was not professional and that is why they weren't really working with her. Would you really respect the program if they came out and trashed talked a former player?????? Really????????? Again, it takes two to tango. You are seriously better than these arguments you are making.
    Gotta agree on this one there is no way NDSU would come out publicly as its a lose lose. And Yes audit you are better than that argument.

Still no answer to who was wronged here. Student/athlete was supported through her 4 year plan, attained a four year college degree, and because of an injury, there isn't room for the extra year of eligibility because of other plans of the program which obviously wasn't a secret. The year of eligibility doesn't matter, everyone finished their 4 year plan. If she were on a 5 year plan and the coaches cut her program short, it would be a different story, but it isn't a different story. The story is exactly what it is.

What has been wrong is fabricating a narrative to fit a non-existent plan and suggesting this is some sort of precedenting setting situation. Until someone shows me where this program has cut a student/athlete's program short, this really remains a non-story and is not setting any sort of precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    A coach with a 17-35 career record (who admittedly stepped into a rough situation) tells her best player (honorable mention All-Summit and Preseason All-Summit 2nd Team) that is well respected by teammates (elected captain) and incredibly bright (Summit Academic Honor Roll x3, Summit League Commissioner's List of Academic Excellence x2) that she can't finish her career at NDSU because there isn't room for her to even walk on and pay her own way on to a team is going to be incredibly short on experience with 10 players that are sophomores or younger and somehow the player is the one who is getting thrown under the bus and then run over by fans?
    She said she could walk on. The team sucks even with Holly so there had to have been a really reason they let her go. Just because someone is All Summit, all Academic, and seems to be a good person on the surface doesn't mean they are a good leader or a good fit for the team. Like I alluded to in a prior post, when your so called "team captain" is publicly criticizing the head coach, what do you think she was doing privately behind closed doors in the locker room? Maybe nothing but it doesn't take a genius to put 1 and 1 together. Some posters said that Walseth is a snake and she heard it from players is enough for me to know that the team has some major internal leadership issues. Maybe she was a team cancer? Maybe not. Walseth will never say either way. All this media hype makes me think going to the media could be a case of a "guilty conscience" When asked why, she said she didn't want fans to think she was doing something wrong. Sorry but sometimes to take a step forward, you have to take a stop back. She needs to rid herself of all of DeHoffs players don't fit. Even if that means we suck and rebuild next year, it sure beats sucking for a decade. We're not going to be a contender next year no matter what. I really hate the whole situation because I don't like to see players get criticized nor do I like coaches to be accused of something that may not be true. So she kind of brought the criticism on herself by going to the media. I do wish her luck though even if it's with the Sundogs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com