Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Johnson situation

Default Re: Holly Johnson situation

Don't know why this should be done in the media. They'll never give us enough information to decide who said what and when. It all becomes speculation and rumor mill information.

Bad/unfair things happen to good people all the time. You rant and rave with yourself and maybe your close family deal with it and move on.

Did Coach Walseth maybe miscommunicate something or insinuate something she shouldn't have? Perhaps she's a 2nd year head coach; people make mistakes, is the explanation something you'd want to hear as the player being pushed out probably not. Not sure why this couldn't be fought and hugged out in a coaches office instead of the media, and that part of it doesn't seem to be coming from Walseth as she has nothing to gain from airing it out there.

That said good luck to Holly, sounds like she might end up at UN_ or SDSU or USD... Hope she can learn from this experience and this is the last we hear of it. She can still save a bit of face in my opinion by leaving it at this and going somewhere who will give her the opportunity and play her heart out there as she did here.

Why would you not let her be a walk on since no scholarships are available? That sounds to me like she was committed to the program and was willing to do everything she could to be a part of it; even if that meant being a walk on with nothing guaranteed and without a scholarship. Obviously nobody knows everything of what happened. It's just a tough situation for everyone. Best of luck to Holly as she finishes her career. It's just too bad it wont be as a Bison.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Why would you not let her be a walk on since no scholarships are available? That sounds to me like she was committed to the program and was willing to do everything she could to be a part of it; even if that meant being a walk on with nothing guaranteed and without a scholarship. Obviously nobody knows everything of what happened. It's just a tough situation for everyone. Best of luck to Holly as she finishes her career. It's just too bad it wont be as a Bison.
    Perhaps by "roster spot" guarantee is they are budgeting for x girls for traveling budgets etc. So at home she might be able to be on the roster but on the road perhaps not with having 15 scholarship players next year? If your cause is you want to play better to go somewhere where you're guaranteed to be at least on the bench I would guess?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Well she'll be playing one game next year in the new bsa. I'll be routing for her. Coaches who miscalculate and then lie to cover their mistakes, and then throw the player under the bus just make things worse. Next year we have a team composed of 7 freshman, three players who lack D1 skils, and four with marginal talent, and one fantastic shooter. You can't tell me Holly didn't fit the mold. that's just stupid.
    maybe you've stated in another post, but share to put names to the bolded?

This says it all---

"Knowing of my second opinion appointment, coach Walseth told me that she fully expected me to play in a Bison uniform this season,” Johnson said, “and if that was something I didn’t want or was uncomfortable with that she would help me find another place to play next season.”

As an athlete there is always self pressure to get back and play. Especially when your career is coming to an end. Not to mention when all the schollies are spoken for in the up coming year.
    Its sounds like CW is committed to the incoming kids. This is just REALLY bad timing for Holley unfortunately and I feel for her. I dont know what the answer in this scenario. Not good for either party.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    This says it all---

"Knowing of my second opinion appointment, coach Walseth told me that she fully expected me to play in a Bison uniform this season,” Johnson said, “and if that was something I didn’t want or was uncomfortable with that she would help me find another place to play next season.”

As an athlete there is always self pressure to get back and play. Especially when your career is coming to an end. Not to mention when all the schollies are spoken for in the up coming year.
    Its sounds like CW is committed to the incoming kids. This is just REALLY bad timing for Holley unfortunately and I feel for her. I dont know what the answer in this scenario. Not good for either party.
    I read this as, our doctors said you can play, I know you are going to your own doctor ( her right to be concerned about her own health), I expect them to agree with our doctors. If you are uncomfortable you gotta do what you gotta do.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I read this as, our doctors said you can play, I know you are going to your own doctor ( her right to be concerned about her own health), I expect them to agree with our doctors. If you are uncomfortable you gotta do what you gotta do.

The thing I dont understand is this. She fully expected her to play this year. BUT there is NO spot on the roster for her next year?????????????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The thing I dont understand is this. She fully expected her to play this year. BUT there is NO spot on the roster for her next year?????????????
    That one is puzzling. Do you think she was anticipating she would graduate and leave? I dont know and I am really not in a position to guess. So I will just move on and wish her well as I would any Bison.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

She expected her to use her last year of eligibility this year and had all of the available scholarships filled for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    It's pretty easy to see that as pressure not to seek a second opinion if you're sitting in the player's chair.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie