Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Johnson situation

Default Re: Holly Johnson situation

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bisonette and I don't always agree but I don't think she would post actual lies.
    If it was as bad as she is saying word would have leaked out by now. Only thing we have heard comes from a Dehoff supporter who opposed the current coach from the get go. Just saying.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If it was as bad as she is saying word would have leaked out by now. Only thing we have heard comes from a Dehoff supporter who opposed the current coach from the get go. Just saying.
    I think you're correct on your first point.

Did she support DeHoff? I don't seem to remember anything but criticism of coaching and program management.

Disgruntled. But why?

Just an observation.

Kolpack and Izzo just talked about this cluster**ck on their show. Something is definitely not right.

Walseth is putting all her eggs in one basket with 7 scholarships with this incoming freshman class. She better be right on it. This program is a joke right now.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Kolpack and Izzo just talked about this cluster**ck on their show. Something is definitely not right.

Walseth is putting all her eggs in one basket with 7 scholarships with this incoming freshman class. She better be right on it. This program is a joke right now.
    The program has been in shambles since it moved up to a Division 1 schedule. you ain't going to fix that in 2 or 3 years So might as well invest heavily in future classes because that's where the focus needs to be.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    The program has been in shambles since it moved up to a Division 1 schedule. you ain't going to fix that in 2 or 3 years So might as well invest heavily in future classes because that's where the focus needs to be.

If it works then she is a genius, if not then the program is still where it has been for a decade now.....terrible.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Still don't understand the 7 scholarships in one year thing. People been saying in this thread that several of those are going to redshirt. But what if they don't? I imagine Coach and the incoming players have hashed it out, and it's been decided who is going to redshirt, but what if the players change their mind about the RS and then to top it off they all end up staying the full 4 years? What's Walseth going to do after that conversation? Unlikely scenario, but it would be just par for the course.

Better be right .... It's not like it has gotten worse.... Need to get rid of the girls that do t work in her system

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Still don't understand the 7 scholarships in one year thing. People been saying in this thread that several of those are going to redshirt. But what if they don't? I imagine Coach and the incoming players have hashed it out, and it's been decided who is going to redshirt, but what if the players change their mind about the RS and then to top it off they all end up staying the full 4 years? What's Walseth going to do after that conversation? Unlikely scenario, but it would be just par for the course.
    I can't imagine there wouldn't be some who would leave if they aren't happy with their role on the team. The 7 will either all work out or into 4 or 5 with a couple who leave the program for greener grass somewhere else. Either way, they will still have 4 more scholarships available in 17-18.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I can't imagine there wouldn't be some who would leave if they aren't happy with their role on the team. The 7 will either all work out or into 4 or 5 with a couple who leave the program for greener grass somewhere else. Either way, they will still have 4 more scholarships available in 17-18.
    The Coaching staff wasn't in place far enough in advance to bring in a large class in 2015 hence you have true frosh Megan and Kennedy plus JUCO Bri as the new faces. They were able to build relationships with the 2016s thus the big class coming next Fall.

I think there will be some attrition as that has become a more frequent occurrence in collegiate women's basketball the past five years. So i don't think it's likely that all 7, even if they choose not to redshirt, will graduate at the same time if at all from NDSU.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    The Coaching staff wasn't in place far enough in advance to bring in a large class in 2015 hence you have true frosh Megan and Kennedy plus JUCO Bri as the new faces. They were able to build relationships with the 2016s thus the big class coming next Fall.

I think there will be some attrition as that has become a more frequent occurrence in collegiate women's basketball the past five years. So i don't think it's likely that all 7, even if they choose not to redshirt, will graduate at the same time if at all from NDSU.
    I agree. It will probably be no more than one or two more recruiting seasons and they get into a pattern of 3 or 4 recruits a year. Stability doesn't happen overnight.