Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Johnson situation

Default Re: Holly Johnson situation

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, it is better to state one of your best players, who is clearly an upstanding person was let go due to a "business decision?" (Hope I got the term right.) Sounded like an NFL team making a salary cap cut. That is not right. I don't know why stating that a difficult decision needed to be made about a couple players is somehow violating some kind of privacy stuff about scholarships. You would not even need to use the word scholarship and do a better job in communicating this.
    No its better to say what NDSU essentially said.....HJ was not able to play this year because of an injury and we have decided not to rearrange our future plans and will continue to honoring our commitment and the promises made to next years class and players. AS HJ has completed her 4 year degree and will have a year of eligible left to play (next year) we will assist in helping her find a place to play. Beyond that we will not get into specifics about players. Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    No its better to say what NDSU essentially said.....HJ was not able to play this year because of an injury and we have decided not to rearrange our future plans and will continue to honoring our commitment and the promises made to next years class and players. AS HJ has completed her 4 year degree and will have a year of eligible left to play (next year) we will assist in helping her find a place to play. Beyond that we will not get into specifics about players. Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend.
    You said way more than what they said. This is the type of thing I was looking for and should have been said. All I heard was it was a "business decision." Glad you agree with me.

You said way more than what they said. This is the type of thing I was looking for and should have been said. All I heard was it was a "business decision." Glad you agree with me.
    Are we reading and watching the same media cause that's pretty much what was said

If you read the story by Kolpack (1/28) and McFeely's column (1/21), you will find almost all of what MAK posted. Including acknowledgement by HJ regarding the Coach telling her there wasn't a roster spot available.

Holly was chosen as one of the captains at her new school.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post

And we could use her this year!! Never going to understand this...

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    And we could use her this year!! Never going to understand this...
    Behind he scene decisions are not mean to be understood by the public. We don't need her this year because this will be a full blown rebuilding year. We got our biggest freshman class ever.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Has this become a news about other schools category thread?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    Congrats to Ms. Johnson...hope she has a great season.

/thread...

533 In a row