Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Johnson situation

Default Re: Holly Johnson situation

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Your

You're

(COULDN'T HELP MYSELF...CARRY ON!)
    Me talk pretty one day.

But, hey, I know what the word "respect" actually means, so I've got that going for me right?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I am not saying in this case that the coach is right or the player is right. A decision was made and obviously one side in the matter is not happy about that. Well welcome to real life people. I have decision made for me everyday that I may or may not agree with. I do not go running to the local paper and cry about it. My parents raised me to try and understand what is being done and why it is. I still may not like it or I may agree with it. But again this is called LIFE. Holly got her degree and played well for NDSU under less than ideal conditions and I respect her for that. But if she is going to cry and piss and moan about something like this, what will she be like to work with in a professional work setting. If she does not get her way look out boss. Guess what she will likely get fired as most people would. Thank you again for coming to NDSU and playing Womens Basketball. I hope life works out well for you Holly. Get over this and move on. There are bigger and more important things in life to worry about.
    rant over.
    I whole heartily agree with this post. MW must plan for more than one year. She had 7 recruits before Holly's last scheduled year was ended because of the injury. We have heard only one verified side to the issue all the rest is speculation.

I respected Holly's skills on the court and thank her for working so hard for NDSU. It's unfortunate that her career here ended on such a sour note.

BTW... Holly's case became public because she is Jack Micheal's relative.
    2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 National FCS Champions.

Eight is Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
    I whole heartily agree with this post. MW must plan for more than one year. She had 7 recruits before Holly's last scheduled year was ended because of the injury. We have heard only one verified side to the issue all the rest is speculation.

I respected Holly's skills on the court and thank her for working so hard for NDSU. It's unfortunate that her career here ended on such a sour note.

BTW... Holly's case became public because she is Jack Micheal's relative.
    So it's Jack's fault now?

I just love how everyone should own their own shit, no excuses... except the NDSU Athletic department.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Is anyone on here still pissed that the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Is anyone on here still pissed that the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor?
    No, but there are lots of people still pissed about EWU knocking us out of the playoffs 100 or so years ago.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    She addressed it as well as she probably could at the time it became public, obviously this seems to have been festering for a couple months so I'm a bit surprised NDSU got caught off guard by it.

Is it a decision that is going to endure people to the coach, not really.
    I think the part that caught NDSU off guard was having a so-called leader going public with baseless whining. The situation was only festering on one side. It seems it was pretty clear where the program was going. We have a plan for next year, you have used your 4 year scholarship, thanks for the contributions, and if you don't use your eligibility this year, good luck with a different program next year because we are moving in a different direction with different personnel.

I am not sure what people need to be endured. I have yet to see where Coach Walseth has lied to anyone. No one has shown me where a student-athlete has been denied any promises here. The damage being done is all on the person making accusations knowing the program can't respond. There is no pattern here. It was an unfortunate situation for a student/athlete where an injury made it difficult to use all four years of eligibility in a program where she was promised four years and there just isn't room for an additional year outside of the program's development plan.

This is now a news about other schools topic. The NDSU WBB program is still moving in its direction and the student/athlete is transferring to another program. If any recruits or current student/athletes do not have promises to their development by the NDSU side delivered, then it is a NDSU issue. Regardless of how Holly felt she was cheated in all of this, no one has made a clear argument how NDSU had failed to uphold its side of the contract here. Even the contract that doesn't have to promised as scholarships are renewable on a year to year basis. There is not one example of a student who was redshirted who was dismissed from the program to short them of their 4th year of eligibility. People are turning this into a negative situation for NDSU by creating scenarios that don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    So it's Jack's fault now?

I just love how everyone should own their own shit, no excuses... except the NDSU Athletic department.
    No, it's not Jack's fault. Jack was able to give the story traction. The first I heard about it was on Jack's interview with Holly and I read BV everyday. We STILL have not heard any verified information about the other side of the situation other than MW saying it was her coaching decision.

I won't throw anyone under the bus until I have heard both sides which I probably never will.

I can guess (conjecture?) several scenarios that make sense to me. Again: I respect Holly's skills on the court and thank her for working so hard for NDSU. It's unfortunate that her career here ended on such a sour note.
    2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 National FCS Champions.

Eight is Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think the part that caught NDSU off guard was having a so-called leader going public with baseless whining. The situation was only festering on one side. It seems it was pretty clear where the program was going. We have a plan for next year, you have used your 4 year scholarship, thanks for the contributions, and if you don't use your eligibility this year, good luck with a different program next year because we are moving in a different direction with different personnel.

I am not sure what people need to be endured. I have yet to see where Coach Walseth has lied to anyone. No one has shown me where a student-athlete has been denied any promises here. The damage being done is all on the person making accusations knowing the program can't respond. There is no pattern here. It was an unfortunate situation for a student/athlete where an injury made it difficult to use all four years of eligibility in a program where she was promised four years and there just isn't room for an additional year outside of the program's development plan.

This is now a news about other schools topic. The NDSU WBB program is still moving in its direction and the student/athlete is transferring to another program. If any recruits or current student/athletes do not have promises to their development by the NDSU side delivered, then it is a NDSU issue. Regardless of how Holly felt she was cheated in all of this, no one has made a clear argument how NDSU had failed to uphold its side of the contract here. Even the contract that doesn't have to promised as scholarships are renewable on a year to year basis. There is not one example of a student who was redshirted who was dismissed from the program to short them of their 4th year of eligibility. People are turning this into a negative situation for NDSU by creating scenarios that don't exist.

It's not about legalities or contracts, its about ethics and the moral character of MW and how pushing a kid who bled green and gold out the door, who still had another year of eligibility. And... who got hurt during offseason, sanctioned workouts. Good luck Maren, I know this is your first rodeo, maybe you'll learn form your mistakes. I'm so looking forward to how you handle this next season of single digit win total... Half the team is freshmen, and one kid who can shoot. ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
    No, it's not Jack's fault. Jack was able to give the story traction. The first I heard about it was on Jack's interview with Holly and I read BV everyday. We STILL have not heard any verified information about the other side of the situation other than MW saying it was her coaching decision.

I won't throw anyone under the bus until I have heard both sides which I probably never will.

I can guess (conjecture?) several scenarios that make sense to me. Again: I respect Holly's skills on the court and thank her for working so hard for NDSU. It's unfortunate that her career here ended on such a sour note.

Then you probably shouldn't "whole heartily agree" with a post that spends most of it's time doing so, even reversing gears a couple of times so as to run her under the tires again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    I'm so looking forward to how you handle this next season of single digit win total... Half the team is freshmen, and one kid who can shoot. ugh
    You didn't seem to have a problem and understood what was going on with the program back in November, infact this is what you said.

"We're looking at year 17-18 or 18-19 for expected results of MW's class Expecting a freshman class with this many at once will take time and patience. keep it real. fingers crossed "
    Bisonionette 11-11-15
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...cruiting-Class

I guess maybe you ran out of time and patience. I am really surprised it took only 2 1/2 months.