Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2016 MVFC Recruiting

New Southern Illinois head coach Nick Hill (replacing the 'stache)
    adds some transfer depth, 5 players announced here.

http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-f...061316aaa.html

is actual recruiting starting to be lost on FCS...my god all these schools do is take transfers it seems
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    is actual recruiting starting to be lost on FCS...my god all these schools do is take transfers it seems
    Coaches are unwilling to "build" a team with high school recruits. They are looking for the "quick" fix. After all the FCS is a "stepping stone" to a FBS job. That is why I love our approach even more. Get these kids that are hungry and want to work their tails off.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Was CJ Jennings a prior NDSU recruit that went to Wyoming?

Funny, as I was just thinking about this. I think one has to take into consideration what these coaches perceive will get them a championship. Most are recruiting in an area that is heavily recruited by FBS programs, so they tend to get what is left over/overlooked. Also, FCS isn't a final destination place for some coaches. They want FBS jobs. Most of these teams are recruiting to fills needs to knock off the Bison. The Bison recruit to continue to bring the program to new heights. Which I think is partially why no one has been able to catch up to the Bison. Teams are so focused on becoming better than the Herd, they forget to look in the mirror and figure how to become better then they were yesterday. Which is why I don't mind watching team take transfers. Sure, gifted players can change a game, but a true team will more often than not change/determine the outcome of a game.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I'm not sure how much transfers help teams become a National Champion threat. Once in awhile, a guy like Tre Roberson makes a team relevant, but on the other hand, many don't take their new teams to the next level. The best example would be Noah Spence. Good player, but even he couldn't make Eastern Kentucky a power in the not-so-might OVC. Against Jacksonville State, he had about three total tackles in a 34-0 lost.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not sure how much transfers help teams become a National Champion threat. Once in awhile, a guy like Tre Roberson makes a team relevant, but on the other hand, many don't take their new teams to the next level. The best example would be Noah Spence. Good player, but even he couldn't make Eastern Kentucky a power in the not-so-might OVC. Against Jacksonville State, he had about three total tackles in a 34-0 lost.
    Trust me, I'm damn glad we still recruit and mold kids, we have kids who WANT to be here nd be part of a TESM, not just a quick couple years and gone.

It makes a difference and ah well the last 5 years proves that I guess

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

A 2016 SDSU baseball recruit flips to South Dakota, changing sports and going with football.

Jay Elsen
    Jay Elsen – ‏@ElsenMidcoSN

The timing of announcement from @SDCoyotesFB's new commit, @levifalck7, is abnormal. Here's the story behind it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElsenMidcoSN

Levi Falck story is the second post down on Elsen's Twitter feed.
    Sorry you have to scroll past that Carla Metts glamour photo.....

Falck is a 6' 2" 190 WR/DB from Centennial HS in the Twin Cities.
    Same high school as DL Luke Chuol. South Dakota has also offered Chuol.
    Perhaps the Centennial connection will help the 'Yotes.....