Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Anderson 2016 LPGA

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Amy Anderson 2016 LPGA

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Ugly golfing. She shot a 4 over 75 yesterday and is 5 over on her 2nd round after 9 holes today-9 over total.
    If that's ugly, call me one of the SDSU cheerleaders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

part one and two with Amy, on with Kolpack

http://www.wday.com/radio/4080042-97...wday-golf-show

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    part one and two with Amy, on with Kolpack

http://www.wday.com/radio/4080042-97...wday-golf-show
    Thanks for posting that. Good stuff.

Looks like there are only a couple of regular tour events after the Olympic break and before the limited field events in Asia. Probably needs a couple of top 20s or it'll be back to Q school. She's certainly capable though. Has had a top 10 each of her first two seasons and was playing well at the end of last season.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Swing changes can be extremely difficult and it is easy to fall back on old habits. Tons of work involved making them stick. What she said about not having a consistent miss is also extremely tough to score. have one miss makes it so much easier to score. Hopefully they start to pay dividends soon and she can have some better finishes.

Swing changes can be extremely difficult and it is easy to fall back on old habits. Tons of work involved making them stick. What she said about not having a consistent miss is also extremely tough to score. have one miss makes it so much easier to score. Hopefully they start to pay dividends soon and she can have some better finishes.
    Harder still to work through those changes with the compressed Olympic year schedule.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Is her brother still her caddie? Maybe need to upgrade caddie.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Is her brother still her caddie? Maybe need to upgrade caddie.
    finding good caddies has to be a bit tough on LPGA. You have to be top 10 most weeks to make much money and caddies make a tiny portion of that. hard to make a life doing that and i'd imagine if you were a good caddie and doing that for a career, you'd be at a good club where you are making decent money.

finding good caddies has to be a bit tough on LPGA. You have to be top 10 most weeks to make much money and caddies make a tiny portion of that. hard to make a life doing that and i'd imagine if you were a good caddie and doing that for a career, you'd be at a good club where you are making decent money.
    MN native, Missy Pederson, caddie for Brittany Lincicome discusses life as a tour caddie:

http://espn.go.com/espnw/voices/arti...tany-lincicome

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    MN native, Missy Pederson, caddie for Brittany Lincicome discusses life as a tour caddie:

http://espn.go.com/espnw/voices/arti...tany-lincicome
    Wasn't expecting the $1,200 to $1,500 a week. For the top players it could be a decent earning living, but for most of the players, it has to be a fairly small amount.

Amy has played 17 events, so at $1,200 a week, your looking at $20,400. One top 25 this year and 3 top 50's. Total winnings of $42,568 (at 10% would be $4,257) so $25,000 total for the year at a high end. Rough earning gig in this scenario.

Lydia Ko (top earner in 2016) has made $2.2M, so, math aside, a better paying gig certainly.

Wasn't expecting the $1,200 to $1,500 a week. For the top players it could be a decent earning living, but for most of the players, it has to be a fairly small amount.

Amy has played 17 events, so at $1,200 a week, your looking at $20,400. One top 25 this year and 3 top 50's. Total winnings of $42,568 (at 10% would be $4,257) so $25,000 total for the year at a high end. Rough earning gig in this scenario.

Lydia Ko (top earner in 2016) has made $2.2M, so, math aside, a better paying gig certainly.
    If you're making $100,000, which would put you around 80th on the money list and fully exempt $40k of that could easily go to the caddie, plus their expenses, plus your expenses. Without out material sponsorship you can play well enough to earn your card and have a real decision to make about whether or not you can afford to keep playing.