Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Lines from Jax State Fans at National Championship Game

Default Re: Favorite Lines from Jax State Fans at National Championship Game

I was most impressed with your fan culture, and how loudly you guys were in the game. How did your fanbase go about establishing things like your first down chants? Is there some sort of mutually agreed upon script that is followed? Did your cheerleaders start this thing up, or is it something begun by your stadium announcer? Or is it something native-born, spontaneously springing forth from the breast of all true Bison fans? Not trying to rip off your ideas, honest*.

*Totally stealing your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    And Tammy from Clanton, Alabama.

Made my day!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I heard this... "But they are not even that fast!"

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They were beaten in both halves, just in case they though that their second half performance was superior to ours.
    Yes, but recognize that WE got beat in pom-pomming. And that is completely unacceptable!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SomeJsuFan View Post
    I was most impressed with your fan culture, and how loudly you guys were in the game. How did your fanbase go about establishing things like your first down chants? Is there some sort of mutually agreed upon script that is followed? Did your cheerleaders start this thing up, or is it something begun by your stadium announcer? Or is it something native-born, spontaneously springing forth from the breast of all true Bison fans? Not trying to rip off your ideas, honest*.

Good question, I'm not sure how that originated. I'm assuming it didn't start until the dome era but could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    And Tammy from Clanton, Alabama.
    I wish he would said...."5 of their last 8 Tammy", one more time.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

As far as I remember, it was started by the students. Then the PA announcer got in on the fun and after a first down says "That's another Bison...." followed by the crowd replying "First Down.....Ahhhhh....MOVE THOSE CHANS." I could be wrong but that's how I remember it. It has really done a good job of being just a student thing to a whole crowd thing.
    Last edited by Bison03; 01-26-2016 at 02:42 AM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Well let me man up and say that was just about the most thorough "whupping" I've ever seen our guys go through. Still stunned! Ya'll have a great thing going there in Fargo.

And also: wow, I have never been so dang cold in my life; not sure how you guys deal with that (or worse) for weeks at a time. :-)
    Cold? I just had short sleeve t-shirt on for nearly the entire game. Put my windbreaker jacket on just before I rushed the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    As far as I remember, it was started by the students. Then the PA announcer got in on the fun and after a first down says "That's another Bison...." followed by the crowd replying "First Down.....Ahhhhh....MOVE THOSE CHANS." I could be wrong but that's how I remember it. It was really done a good job of being just a student thing to a whole crowd thing.
    Yep...started with the student section and slowly grew to other sections. Helped having students graduate and occupy other sections.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    ...Then the PA announcer got in on the fun and after a first down...
    They say our guy is some sort of radio announcer, but I think his day job must be at the morgue adjacent to the campus.