Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Lines from Jax State Fans at National Championship Game

Default Re: Favorite Lines from Jax State Fans at National Championship Game

Nothing wrong with thinking your team will win, but the excuses and delusions are funny. Every playoffs we seem to go through this with most teams. I hope it stays this way and it likely will. I laughed at all of the people who thought JSU would score 30+, esp 40-50. When will they realize we aren't a pud defense?

Talking smack before the game; ok I get it, it's fun. You could make a case how your offense is a juggernaut, big offensive stats, Auburn, whatever. But to then make excuses after having watched the game; that's just sour grapes and not accepting defeat very well. After Montana and USD this year, hell; even after UNI in 2014, Indiana State in 2012, and Youngstown State in 2011; you could point out a lot of things that NDSU did wrong in that game that led to them losing. But I don't think there were a majority of people saying that we didn't play our game and that it wasn't anything but the play of the other team that led to their victory over the Bison.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Before the team walks in the morning, I visited with the parent of a JSU player (a senior), presumably a bit knowledgeable about football. I wished good luck to his son, and a great game. He said something along the lines of "It should be a great game. And your team isn't going anywhere for the next few years - I've looked at y'all's roster!"

At a restaurant after the game, we saw some Illinois State fans. They came to our table and congratulated us. One guy said "Good game! But I hate you guys!" (everyone laughed on both sides). I admitted to cheering for Richmond in the quarters, to which he said "No way! You've got to cheer for the Valley teams!" I said "Normally, yes - but we wanted home field advantage!". I couldn't argue with that. Nice guy.

Well let me man up and say that was just about the most thorough "whupping" I've ever seen our guys go through. Still stunned! Ya'll have a great thing going there in Fargo.

And also: wow, I have never been so dang cold in my life; not sure how you guys deal with that (or worse) for weeks at a time. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeJsuFan View Post
    Well let me man up and say that was just about the most thorough "whupping" I've ever seen our guys go through. Still stunned! Ya'll have a great thing going there in Fargo.

And also: wow, I have never been so dang cold in my life; not sure how you guys deal with that (or worse) for weeks at a time. :-)
    That's a "unseasonably warm" day in Fargo. Average high today is 18.

As for you, good on ya! I stayed in friendly surroundings when I was in Texas so I didn't run across any JSU fans but I got into it online with a couple. I totally believe OP's anecdotes but I also believe they are outliers.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I ran into just a few JSU fans at Tight Ends after the game. One of them said "Y'all's defensive ends are big -- and damn, there's no fat on 'em"...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I ran into just a few JSU fans at Tight Ends after the game. One of them said "Y'all's defensive ends are big -- and damn, there's no fat on 'em"...
    LOL.....at least some of their fans are recognizing big and fat might not be a good thing.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Talking smack before the game; ok I get it, it's fun. You could make a case how your offense is a juggernaut, big offensive stats, Auburn, whatever. But to then make excuses after having watched the game; that's just sour grapes and not accepting defeat very well. After Montana and USD this year, hell; even after UNI in 2014, Indiana State in 2012, and Youngstown State in 2011; you could point out a lot of things that NDSU did wrong in that game that led to them losing. But I don't think there were a majority of people saying that we didn't play our game and that it wasn't anything but the play of the other team that led to their victory over the Bison.
    I think we are more than capable of being poor sports after a loss ...................but I do agree with you that I think the majority of us recognize where, when, how and in what way we've been beat in those 5 times over the last 5 years, or in the years leading up to this run. At least I'd like to think so! An honest recognition of how you've truly been beaten, is how you get better over the long haul. And that goes for everything in life, IMO, not just football.

But even if Bison Fans were to consistently blame the defeats on "a bad day" and a "flat" effort........................one could certainly see how some might hold such an opinion. I mean, mein gootness volks, four of those 5 losses were by a mere 3 points...........3 stinking points!! The other loss was by 20 points, where we flat got beat, and learned from it.

This game with JSU, on the other hand, was a 27 point difference and a 24 point spanking at halftime!! As football games go, it wasn't all that competitive. As such, you really have to shake your head when you hear the other fans, players and even the other coach say that they "just had a bad day". The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that kind of nonsense is that these guys aren't going to be able to sustain this level of competition very long (consistently deep playoff runs and title game appearances), with that kind of attitude.

My favorite quote:

"Wow, look at their stocking hats. They're legit."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I think we are more than capable of being poor sports after a loss ...................but I do agree with you that I think the majority of us recognize where, when, how and in what way we've been beat in those 5 times over the last 5 years, or in the years leading up to this run. At least I'd like to think so! An honest recognition of how you've truly been beaten, is how you get better over the long haul. And that goes for everything in life, IMO, not just football.

But even if Bison Fans were to consistently blame the defeats on "a bad day" and a "flat" effort........................one could certainly see how some might hold such an opinion. I mean, mein gootness volks, four of those 5 losses were by a mere 3 points...........3 stinking points!! The other loss was by 20 points, where we flat got beat, and learned from it.

This game with JSU, on the other hand, was a 27 point difference and a 24 point spanking at halftime!! As football games go, it wasn't all that competitive. As such, you really have to shake your head when you hear the other fans, players and even the other coach say that they "just had a bad day". The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that kind of nonsense is that these guys aren't going to be able to sustain this level of competition very long (consistently deep playoff runs and title game appearances), with that kind of attitude.
    They were beaten in both halves, just in case they though that their second half performance was superior to ours.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯