Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Lines from Jax State Fans at National Championship Game

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Favorite Lines from Jax State Fans at National Championship Game

I meant to post this the week after the natty, but got busy, but I think it is still worth noting that among the eight national championships I have attended, this one was the most satisfying and enjoyable. This is largely because of the arrogant and pompous attitude of the Jax State fans. I ignored the garbage spewed by the trolls on BV, but things said to me, and what I overheard, are priceless and I think demonstrate their supercilious attitude.

Night before the game at Ginger Man pub near our hotel. I buy two Jax State fans a beer and tell them we should talk about some matchups in the game. They wanted no part of it, only wanting to talk smack. When they both predicted that their offense would hang 40 to 50 points on the Bison defense, I said "you know, our defense has been playing lights out, they could do what they have been doing in the playoffs and hold your offense to their lowest yardage output and lowest point total". They looked at each other and one of them said:

"Old man, you're delusional"
    (this had been talked about before on BV so it is perhaps possible that this is true)

After the game and award ceremony I was rushing out to enjoy the post-game tailgate when I overheard a woman tell her likely husband:

"If they would have just played their game we would have beaten them and it wouldn't even have been close"

Just a few steps later I heard one older man say to another:

"I just don't understand what happened. The Bison aren't even that good"

(after hearing the previous response and this one I couldn't take it and I responded vociferously and in an agitated state, not my finest hour)

On the shuttle bus early Sunday morning from the rental car complex to the airport, which was predominately Jax State fans, a man makes he way to my wife and I near the front of the bus and says:

"You know ya'll aren't as good as Auburn, right?"

To which two other fans nearby said in stereo:

"I'm not sure I agree with that"

To which he responded looking at me angrily:

"Don't matter, you're not as good as us, we just didn't play our game, we wuz flat"

And finally, on a positive note, as we pulled up to the airport, and older guy standing next to me said:

"When I saw how friggin big your offensive line was, and after they blew our defensive line eight yards off the line of scrimmage on the first play, I knew it was going to be a long day"

Classic.

Perhaps you all had some similar experiences with Jax State fans.

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Favorite Lines from Jax State Fans at National Championship Game

Ever listen to Auburn and Alabama fans call into the Paul Finebaum show?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Ever listen to Auburn and Alabama fans call into the Paul Finebaum show?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I meant to post this the week after the natty, but got busy, but I think it is still worth noting that among the eight national championships I have attended, this one was the most satisfying and enjoyable. This is largely because of the arrogant and pompous attitude of the Jax State fans. I ignored the garbage spewed by the trolls on BV, but things said to me, and what I overheard, are priceless and I think demonstrate their supercilious attitude.

Night before the game at Ginger Man pub near our hotel. I buy two Jax State fans a beer and tell them we should talk about some matchups in the game. They wanted no part of it, only wanting to talk smack. When they both predicted that their offense would hang 40 to 50 points on the Bison defense, I said "you know, our defense has been playing lights out, they could do what they have been doing in the playoffs and hold your offense to their lowest yardage output and lowest point total". They looked at each other and one of them said:

"Old man, you're delusional"
    (this had been talked about before on BV so it is perhaps possible that this is true)

After the game and award ceremony I was rushing out to enjoy the post-game tailgate when I overheard a woman tell her likely husband:

"If they would have just played their game we would have beaten them and it wouldn't even have been close"

Just a few steps later I heard one older man say to another:

"I just don't understand what happened. The Bison aren't even that good"

(after hearing the previous response and this one I couldn't take it and I responded vociferously and in an agitated state, not my finest hour)

On the shuttle bus early Sunday morning from the rental car complex to the airport, which was predominately Jax State fans, a man makes he way to my wife and I near the front of the bus and says:

"You know ya'll aren't as good as Auburn, right?"

To which two other fans nearby said in stereo:

"I'm not sure I agree with that"

To which he responded looking at me angrily:

"Don't matter, you're not as good as us, we just didn't play our game, we wuz flat"

And finally, on a positive note, as we pulled up to the airport, and older guy standing next to me said:

"When I saw how friggin big your offensive line was, and after they blew our defensive line eight yards off the line of scrimmage on the first play, I knew it was going to be a long day"

Classic.

Perhaps you all had some similar experiences with Jax State fans.

Was that "flat" or "fat"?

Jax St. fans I sat by at the game were knowledgeable (one former player) and realistic - and pretty humbled by the experience. There was a group up at the top in SRO who were vocal and I would say somewhat less um, sophisticated shall we say. I don't think the folks sitting near me were proud of them.

I also encountered some fans on my first leg flight out to Atlanta and they were also pretty humbled and complementary of the Bison. If they harbored any belief that their team just had an off day they did not betray it.

On the car rental shuttle from the airport one of their fans jokingly said, "We hope y'all be ready to leave by the third quarter." It was mostly harmless but still struck me that they really were confident that not only were they going to beat us, but they were going to do so by a large margin. Other fans I spoke to after the game were congratulatory but in shock. Almost all of them said that they did not see that coming.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

And Tammy from Clanton, Alabama.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Alabama is a treasure trove of crazy.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    And Tammy from Clanton, Alabama.
    According to ESPN, Tammy is a 48 year old grandmother of six.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...dies-iron-bowl
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Southern Speed.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

And then there's "southern speed" against the Bison.

Come to think of it.............that field WAS a little mushy down in Frisco. I think they've got a legitimate bitch!