Page 89 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    :

You, like 23Bison, assume a lot, too.
    Hey man, sorry your life just got ruined because a college kid left NDSU to go to another school. Must be tough for you. But, if that bothers you so much, I think you might have bigger issues in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I can't fault the kid if he thinks moving to FBS will help his draft stock. I'm sure he's had people in the "know" who have told him as much. And they are probably right, IF he performs well at a high major school..
    New city, new coach, new system, new teammates, new everything....it's either gonna be the best decision he ever made, or the worst. Probably not an in-between here. (would have been drafted fairly high if he stayed, but if he doesn't perform well at a high major, it will certainly hurt his stock)

It really sucks he's leaving, but if anyone on this board were in his shoes, and they had a chance to really shine on a high level, in the sport they loved, and they could make them MILLIONS of dollars...i think the vast majority of you would do the same. (whether you admit it or not)

And yea, Carson...I get it. That was not typical just an FYI. He was in a in very bad QB class. Carson, Goff, and Prescott are the only ones who made anything of themselves in that class as far as I remember. And Prescott wasn't expected to be good, he was picked 135th.
    ………...and these people in the "know"......who exactly are they? Are they the same FBS coaches who are attempting to get Cox to sign with them? Are they the people in the "know" who are blowing smoke up his ass to get him to sign with them? At the end of the day, I would think the coaches are rethinking their philosophy of playing freshman.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

………...and these people in the "know"......who exactly are they? Are they the same FBS coaches who are attempting to get Cox to sign with them? Are they the people in the "know" who are blowing smoke up his ass to get him to sign with them? At the end of the day, I would think the coaches are rethinking their philosophy of playing freshman.
    Because one player in the history of NDSU left in the graduate transfer portal while being a stud? I don't think the coaches will change anything my friend.
    And the people in the know are probably agents of course. Talking to him through 3rd parties, just like the FBS coaches are doing. And, if he succeeds at the Power 5 school, he will definitely be drafted higher, they are not wrong. I'm not saying it's the best decision, I just said you can't fault him for thinking it is, because if it pays off, it will be a great decision for his future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Is is too early to hope for the "Jabril Cox indoor practice facility" on campus thanks to a big donation from a 1st round draft pick?
    Why waste it on an IPF? If he signs a $500 million contract, he could give all 327 million people in the USA $1 million each.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Esmond or?
    Balta

Esmond split between Harvey and Maddock predominantly.

Actually, I felt Cox regressed last year.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Why waste it on an IPF? If he signs a $500 million contract, he could give all 327 million people in the USA $1 million each.
    lol.......I see what you did there.....math skills like CNN.

Any chance you think that Jabril reached out to FBS coaches he knows himself after watching the combine and seeing how much more attention the FBS LBs get compared to the FCS LBs?

Again, we can only speculate, but no need to be angry at a kid who graduated and is now betting on himself to get the opportunity to make money he had pretty much no chance to earn while playing for NDSU.

It sucks, but we need to move on. This is something the big time FBS schools go through every year, only at a much higher rate. All their major studs are leaving after two to four years for the NFL, and probably without a degree.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Balta

Esmond split between Harvey and Maddock predominantly.
    Shooters shoot. Was thinking of towns between the two.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Actually, I felt Cox regressed last year.
    Ha ha ha!

Based on his stats? Or what?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk