Page 67 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Hope he absolutely STOMPS the competition wherever he ends up. I was mad, and then reading his post, its pretty clear that he doesnt hold any animosity towards his time at NDSU, but has a dream that he has a chance to reach, and in the process, will LIKELY improve his draft stock. NDSU doesnt have a massive history of Linebacker draft picks outside of emmanuel. I want him to rip the FBS to shreds and that will pave the way for other NDSU LBs in the future to not HAVE to leave to get good NFL attention
    Sorry, but seems leaving will set an example for more to leave, not encourage others to stay. Wherever Jabril ends up, he won't be associated with NDSU unless he flops or is nothing special at FBS.

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Sorry, but seems leaving will set an example for more to leave, not encourage others to stay. Wherever Jabril ends up, he won't be associated with NDSU unless he flops or is nothing special at FBS.
    Entz is in a pickle with damage control.
    Hopefully he nips this in the bud the correct way.
    He has one obligation, and that is the remaining TEAM.
    Wish Jabril well, let him say his goodbyes, then usher him out the door. Not to mention his name going forward.
    IMO, he is not “once a Bison, always a Bison” until he is done with his collegiate career.
    "The bird is in your hand"

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    Wish Jabril well, let him say his goodbyes, then usher him out the door. Not to mention his name going forward.
    IMO, he is not “once a Bison, always a Bison” until he is done with his collegiate career.
    Speaking of damage control - two more K State players arrested last night. One of them is/was a starting LB. CK got his hands full down there.

Quote Originally Posted by primespareribs View Post
    You can have him.

Signed, every citizen of Bismarck/Mandan MSA...
    LT > Beth.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    So how does this work for Jabril in the interim period here? Does he still go through winter workouts with Coach Kramer? I assume he is still receiving scholarship benefits that he was awarded too right? FCOA? Still getting that as long as he has not actually transferred?
    He gets to keep the same benefits for the remainder of the current semester so I imagine he is going to do just like every other graduating senior, be done in May and move on.

As long as he is in the portal, he is no longer a member of the team.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    LT > Beth.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Your rep doesn't count yet, so it appeared to him as a grey chicklet instead of a green. He assumed it was neg rep since almost no one uses it here.

Green chicklet - pos rep
    Red chicklet - neg rep
    Grey chicklet - doesn't count because the giver doesn't have enough posts yet or has negative total rep; can't tell if the rep given is pos or neg

Also, it would be nice if you quit the trolling or just went away. Trolls are so exhausting.
    Thanks for the clarification on how Rep works. For the record, I've only given out positive rep since I joined Bisonville so anyone who has received Rep from me, it was with good intentions.

I'm fine being called a troll because I may have a differing opinion to some people, but I call it being a realist and think Sunshine pumping should be reserved by the skirts and pom-poms on the sideline. I've been clear on where I stand with supporting a player for making his decision and pointing out there are several reasons a stud like Cox might elect to Grad transfer. If that makes me a troll... so-be-it.

Jabril is a special talent. Lets not pretend this is going to happen constantly. He is the first legitimate one to transfer up with the intentions of playing with a "better" team/improve his draft stock. We've had plenty of guys that could've done so. NDSU is a special place and I feel the vast, vast majority want to be here and finish their college career here.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have a very hard time picturing any athletic dept staff member "ushering" Jabril out the door. As a matter of fact, I would think the guys on the team would welcome him with open arms to workouts and meetings. During workouts it'll provide a little extra motivation...the youngsters might be chomping at the bit to get an opportunity to get after it and beat him in a drill or during a lifting session. In meetings he can provide exceptional input in the linebacker room.

The scouts think he's a mid round pick, right now. Unless he goes somewhere and wastes away into irrelevancy by never seeing the field, which seems highly unlikely based on his skill set and abilities, he's going to at least keep his current status.

Athletics, and yes even college athletics, is a business. Some business decisions are great...others are not. But generally the "great" decisions are not ones that are made with little risk.

On a more personal note, its so weird to me when people dont want other people to do well or to better themselves. I do not understand that mindset, and I hope I never will. All the luck and blessings to Jabril, he's represented NDSU with nothing but respect and class and he will be a fantastic addition to any university he joins.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dumbest thing I have read today.
    You people need to get a grip and calm down.
    #dramaqueens