Page 63 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I just looked at Jabril’s twitter followers. I think he has someone from basically every FBS school on there between position coaches and recruiting coordinators. This a rough list of teams I saw coaches/recruiters for before I got bored and stopped looking.

Michigan state
    Michigan
    Alabama
    LSU
    Texas
    Virginia
    Florida
    Florida State
    Washington
    Minnesota
    Iowa State
    Washington State
    Tennessee
    Texas Tech
    Baylor
    Kansas
    Syracuse
    SMU
    Toledo
    LA Tech
    Liberty
    Florida Atlantic
    East Carolina
    Northwestern
    Eastern Michigan
    Ball State
    Kent State
    Georgia Tech
    Nebraska
    Mississippi State
    Cal
    Utah
    UNC
    Illinois

(This doesn’t include Iowa and KState where we have known coaching ties)

Interesting to note that both Bama and LSU have multiple coaches following Jabril including Ed Ogeron.
    Maybe he'll go to UNC so he can beat JMU one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Sad that a school like LSU can't develop their own players when they bring in all sorts of 4 and 5 star players every year.
    Yeah, LSU can't develop players so they have to come poach them from North Dakota... ffs!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sucks for us but if a student athlete comes to NDSU and graduates, their "debt" is paid in full as far as I am concerned.
    I hope he comes back but with all the schools after him, it would be hard to turn down an opportunity to play 7 home games at a place like LSU. Now, if he leaves us for a MAC program, let the boo birds fly and lets burn his jersey in the Ducks parking lot.

Kansas tshirt pick on twitter.

Les miles making hay...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. He's already projected as a mid round pick. We'll see how much a year at a P5 changes that either up or down.
    It could also be about personal development as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Then maybe he should have taken an FBS offer, or walked on at an FBS school. Need to insert "In my opinion", in front of your post. NDSU is not some junior college for FBS teams to pick up players from. Also, seems many of the younger generation don't have a clue what loyalty means.
    Our very own PL transferred. I am mostly with you, but I get it. These guys got one shot at for sure playing football. He wants to play FBS. He is probably going to go to a P5 and have a great time. NDSU has taken transfers in the past. Guys transfer more nowadays. It can suck but dude wants a new experience so hopefully he gets what he was looking for. Think it'd be great to see him in the P5.
    College of Business Alumnus

I cant believe anyone wouldn't support him for this. He just went two years undefeated and maybe just wants a challenge.. other than Oregon next year we will still be favored by 21 plus in almost every game so I doubt it costs us any wins either.

Where would he be projected in the NFL draft if he declared this year? He had already made a name for himself why risk injury playing an "FBS" schedule haha. We can finally tilt the tables on the FBS schedule arguments! But serious - He has has a tremendous impact while he was here and good luck to him in the future!

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Selfishly sad to see Jabril go, but NO,he is NOT betraying any of us nor his teammates nor anything related to Bison Culture and Pride. I wish he'd be drafted while a Bison, but he is still a Bison wherever he goes. Who wouldn't want to play 60,000 fans-in-the-stands football as soon as he can?!
    This is a perfect reflection on how we should all feel.

Man Oh Man, if Cox can get on LSU with Coach O and Bo....what a joy that would be!

He played 4 years. During that time he represented us well in the community, and he excelled on the football field the class room and he will be graduating in May..
    He has fulfilled his contract with me.

If the right situation doesnt present itself that will increase his draft stock I will welcome his return with open arms.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 03-03-2020 at 03:56 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."