Page 5 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think Nick is just too good in the middle to move him. Plank has played well but he's not the game changer that Deluca is. I could see Cox as the SLB with his size. I'm not sure Plank has the speed to be the WLB a la Travis Beck and MJ Stumpf. He may end up being the odd man out next year and another guy like Mercadel might slip into that WLB spot. I'm sure Plank would still rotate in quite a bit even if he doesn't start.
    Agreed. And MLB's always get nicked up due to the nature of the position. Plank will play plenty of snaps one way or another and will go down as one of the great relief pitchers in Bison history.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    not surprised, kid had every school in the FCS after him, i seen him Saturday at the game and hes the real deal build wise...excited for this incoming group to start making an impact. Truly reloaded last year and hit it out of the park on recruiting
    People forget how good that class was, and how loaded we are....we barely graduate anyone...and we redshirted the ENTIRE class. We aren't going anywhere. Jabril is a freak of nature. He is going to play a lot next year. We simply do not graduate many kids.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    People forget how good that class was, and how loaded we are....we barely graduate anyone...and we redshirted the ENTIRE class. We aren't going anywhere. Jabril is a freak of nature. He is going to play a lot next year. We simply do not graduate many kids.
    Honestly LB and O-line are the only questions marks I think they'll have. O-line they're super deep at despite losing 3 starters and LB looks like it won't be a problem either getting Deluca back plus adding a guy like Jabril Cox into the fold.

I've thought all year that this team reminds me of the 2012 team in terms of on-field performance and composition. That team that came after the 2012 team turned out to be pretty good.

There's a lot to still look forward to this year but you have to be excited about the future as well.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Honestly LB and O-line are the only questions marks I think they'll have. O-line they're super deep at despite losing 3 starters and LB looks like it won't be a problem either getting Deluca back plus adding a guy like Jabril Cox into the fold.

I've thought all year that this team reminds me of the 2012 team in terms of on-field performance and composition. That team that came after the 2012 team turned out to be pretty good.

There's a lot to still look forward to this year but you have to be excited about the future as well.
    LB will not be a question mark.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I agree, DeLuca will get guys in the right spots. I also think Plank will carve out a role as a 2-down linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Really? 2 of the 3 starters probably will have 0 starts assuming Deluca is ready and Plank can't play either OLB spot. That is a huge concern imho. Not saying our guys won't fill in admirably but it could take time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Our Opponents seem to be more pass oriented these days. That would appear to mean we will see more guys gifted with speed and coverage skills getting the snaps. Brinkman,Jaxon Brown, Dan Marlette, Eric Bachmeier,Mercadel,maybe even Nyangacha,etc. We are just overflowing with talent.

My hope is a few of these OLB's play so well that coach just can't keep them off the field, forcing the decision to play the multi talented Jabril Cox at SS. Our very own version of Kam Chancellor.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Really? 2 of the 3 starters probably will have 0 starts assuming Deluca is ready and Plank can't play either OLB spot. That is a huge concern imho. Not saying our guys won't fill in admirably but it could take time.

based on...?
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Hopefully he is able to learn all the defensive calls so he can get on the field. Can you imagine him and deluca on the field together. His athleticism is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    based on...?
    I did say assuming. If Plank can play olb then great. LB will be an interesting position to watch during spring ball. Lots of young talent.