Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Hopefully this induces other guys to follow
    WBK retweeted a few of Jabrils tweets...not a terrible sign

Him and Wilson would be sweet gets
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    He decommitted from UNI and now cancels his visit here?
    Sounds indecisive.
    Bot is correct. Tolu was #2 behind Jabril. Jabril commits, no longer a spot. Wish it was different as he looks like he could help NDSU.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Bot is correct. Tolu was #2 behind Jabril. Jabril commits, no longer a spot. Wish it was different as he looks like he could help NDSU.
    My comparison from a Skill standpoint is Littlejohn. Another guy that played QB. LJ was a little lighter than Cox coming out of HS. If he turns out as good as LJ, that's would be huge.

Littlejohn was one of NDSU's best all time LBs, but he was underrated by bison fans. Why? He was pretty soft spoken and deferred to Grant Olson who was a great vocal leader. LJ's skill, anticipation and speed were top notch. Heck, he stepped in for GO for the 2013 playoff run at the MIKE. He could do it all.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Lol I think he was a plan B if Jabril Cox didn't commit. We have to be damn near out of scholarships with only 13 seniors
    Mooney also left, and I am sure some scholarships may have been modified. I am guessing that there is more money than we suspect there is than just the 13 seniors.

I apologize in advance for those who get nervous seeing these threads about young guys get bumped but Klieman had an absolutely glowing review of Cox when asked about the redshirts this year during his press conference today. He said he's probably the most talented freshman he's seen since coming to NDSU and that the guy is just shredding it (my term not Klieman's) on the scout team. He did quickly follow up saying that he's got a lot to learn still in terms of the intricacies of the defense but it sounds like the kid's physical tools are off the charts for this level.

Can't wait to see him and Deluca next to each other making plays next year. It'll be tough to see guys like Gee-Tucker and Stumpf go but I think we got a special one developing in Jabril Cox.

IM interested to see what happens with the LBs next year. Seems like Plank has to play. Deluca could play OLB? Or is he too valuable at ILB?

Thanks for the update- i was worried when this thread was on top that something bad happened. I have a good feeling he is going to be special.

IM interested to see what happens with the LBs next year. Seems like Plank has to play. Deluca could play OLB? Or is he too valuable at ILB?
    When you look up MLB in the dictionary, it has Deluca's picture. I do think he is too valuable there even though he clearly has the ability to play outside. One way or another, they will need Plank. He has been a God send keeping this year on track.

I think Nick is just too good in the middle to move him. Plank has played well but he's not the game changer that Deluca is. I could see Cox as the SLB with his size. I'm not sure Plank has the speed to be the WLB a la Travis Beck and MJ Stumpf. He may end up being the odd man out next year and another guy like Mercadel might slip into that WLB spot. I'm sure Plank would still rotate in quite a bit even if he doesn't start.

not surprised, kid had every school in the FCS after him, i seen him Saturday at the game and hes the real deal build wise...excited for this incoming group to start making an impact. Truly reloaded last year and hit it out of the park on recruiting
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant