Page 26 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    this entire discussion is void of the most basic concept of schematics and or how to use formations etc....I can't take anymore I am out
    So if I read this right, what you are saying is that you can't drive down to the garage door dome for the game live and you are worried that you will not be able to steam it live. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    By all means, enlighten us schmelts.

Again, moving a guy from a position that he is arguably the best at in the FCS and move him to spot that he probably has rarely played, if ever, on a team that barely uses is not what this team needs if they plan on winning the 2018 National Championship. You don't replace a sure, solid thing with a novelty act.

There's a reason why you and rest of us on this board don't coach the Bison. We don't know as much as we think we know and your statements are exploiting that today.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 10-04-2018 at 10:51 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

That would be great. But how many O Lines can do that when the team loads the box because they have no need to fear a pass? N Alabama did exactly that, and we saw a disappointing offensive performance. A week later, we saw the passing game shred Delaware, and COINCIDENTALLY the running game got going nicely.

NDSU plays complementary offense and defense, and within the offense they play complementary run and pass. No team can win games by refusing to pass. No offense can generate 3 YPC against a good defense which has loaded the box.
    I believe that the NDSU Rams are one that can do that. (call me a homer - you will hit your target)
    I agree that NDSU has some balance to their attack but I think their preference is to keep the ball on the ground and pound the oppo.
    While I acknowledge your observations regarding the first two games I don't necessarily agree that the cause-effect relation is that which you imply.
    We are who we are. I f'ing love that we take ND, MN, WI, SD, IO, NB kids who have been overlooked by the whoever and develop them into world-beaters (yes, I mean that).

Bolded quote above: maybe the team that trains harder, has more tradition, has more heart, has more desire, has more whatever else there is to the Bison mystique that I cannot possibly identity can do just this.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I believe that the NDSU Rams are one that can do that. (call me a homer - you will hit your target)
    I agree that NDSU has some balance to their attack but I think their preference is to keep the ball on the ground and pound the oppo.
    While I acknowledge your observations regarding the first two games I don't necessarily agree that the cause-effect relation is that which you imply.
    We are who we are. I f'ing love that we take ND, MN, WI, SD, IO, NB kids who have been overlooked by the whoever and develop them into world-beaters (yes, I mean that).

Bolded quote above: maybe the team that trains harder, has more tradition, has more heart, has more desire, has more whatever else there is to the Bison mystique that I cannot possibly identity can do just this.
    We have a great run game but if good teams in the Valley sell out to stop our run game they will and they have. Sometimes you have to open up the run with the pass. When our offense is at its best our run-pass is complimentary. It's much easier running the ball when the defense is concerned about the passing game!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    So if I read this right, what you are saying is that you can't drive down to the garage door dome for the game live and you are worried that you will not be able to steam it live. Is that right?
    WTF, I gotta stream this game :-) Actually I might pull the trigger and drive down....seeing about the weather tomorrow.

is it just me being a homer and amazed that Jabril is not mentioned here?

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ea&tm=&src=FCS

35 tackles / 27 solo
    2 sacks /4 QB hits
    3 INTS / 2 for scores / 113 yards
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    is it just me being a homer and amazed that Jabril is not mentioned here?

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ea&tm=&src=FCS

35 tackles / 27 solo
    2 sacks /4 QB hits
    3 INTS / 2 for scores / 113 yards
    Probably because he's a sophmore?? Mostly JR and SR players, not sure if that's why or not just a thought
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Probably because he's a sophmore?? Mostly JR and SR players, not sure if that's why or not just a thought
    does montana really have a player with 106 tackles already?

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    does montana really have a player with 106 tackles already?
    In their game with UN_ last week I do not think they had 6 tackles as a team. lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

It’s not WR depth I’m concerned with. I’m not concerned about our #3 and 4 WR. I’m concerned about #1.

I don’t think Shep has the talent to create real separation, or the power to win 50/50 balls.
    This did not age well at all.