Page 13 of 163 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Jalen Allison is a better athlete than Marcus and CJ as a sophomore. Dude has ridiculous skills but still hasn't refined them like Marcus. The more he plays the better he will become. Jordan Champion started over CJ in 2013. He wasn't there yet

I think our D Tackles have been dominating. Tanguey gets doubled most plays. And we have 4 or 5 good players to rotate in

Outside of 1 bad game that out offense couldn't sustain a drive , our defense has been crazy good. I challenge you to find a stat that proves otherwise http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/24

The only defensive stat I could find is red zone defense... until I realized we have only allowed 22 red zone opportunities all year and we apparently never block a field goal
    Champion did not start in 2013 over CJ. CJ played in 15 games and started 15 games (http://stats.gobison.com/fb/2013/teamcume.htm). Champion played in 13 games and started twice (when Marcus Williams was injured). IIRC, most thought CJ was a better corner than Marcus was that year. Marcus struggled a bit his senior season. It's kind of reminiscent to the Cox/Deluca comparisons this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Champion did not start in 2013 over CJ. CJ played in 15 games and started 15 games (http://stats.gobison.com/fb/2013/teamcume.htm). Champion played in 13 games and started twice (when Marcus Williams was injured). IIRC, most thought CJ was a better corner than Marcus was that year. Marcus struggled a bit his senior season. It's kind of reminiscent to the Cox/Deluca comparisons this year.
    You're right my memory was wring... although I think Champion started many of the games as the slot/nickel corner which doesn't show up on the stat sheet as being a starter but I suppose if Marcus was out Bryan Shepherd must have gotten some starts.. started 6 games that year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    you think so?? I mean its hard to tell, but it appears to my untrained eye that JC has twice the potential. at least from an athleticism perspective....am I off???
    not sure about 2x the potential. I see him really active in passing game, able to jump routes, what I remember of T.Beck in the run game is the ability to recognize and take a angle to meet the ballcarrier behind the LOS so consistently and just blow it up, even across the feild from his weakside LB position (Sean Lee'esque may I say)

Jabril Cox finishes 6th in voting for the Jerry Rice Award (FCS top FR)

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ea&tm=&src=FCS

LB Bryson Armstrong of Kennesaw State is the winner

Armstrong is tied for the national high with four fumble recoveries, set a Big South record with 11 sacks and led KSU in total tackles (114), solo tackles (85), tackles for loss (12.5) while also tying for second with three interceptions. Not bad for a kid who was ignored by more established FCS programs in the south.

Get out your voting scripts for Jabril in HERO Sport's FCS Freshman of the Year award: https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbal...year-2017-ajaj

Someone should make signs that say "Vote Cox!"

Thread bump for Mr. Cox. This guy is an animal.

We all saw him mature into a consistent spark on the D side of the ball, but his timing for big plays is really special.

He's already crazy fast and football smart. He'll be scary as he packs on more muscle/speed.

I know this team isn't about individuals, but this guy is going to be really fun to watch the next few years.

Is his younger brother faster than Jabril?

Incredible closing speed. Can't wait to see what 3 years of Kramer turns him into!

Fact. Jabril was the real MVP and we don't win that game without him. (Taking nothing away from Easton cuz we don't win without him either.)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Fact. Jabril was the real MVP and we don't win that game without him. (Taking nothing away from Easton cuz we don't win without him either.)
    Idk... there were a lot of great performances on the defense in Frisco so I didn't think Cox was the clear defensive (or game) MVP even though he did play well. Chris Board had a great game. Tanguay, Bridges, and Grimsley all forced huge momentum turning turnovers. The little Tuszka was a beast on the pass rush (can't wait to see him team with Menard on the other side next year).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Idk... there were a lot of great performances on the defense in Frisco so I didn't think Cox was the clear defensive (or game) MVP even though he did play well. Chris Board had a great game. Tanguay, Bridges, and Grimsley all forced huge momentum turning turnovers. The little Tuszka was a beast on the pass rush (can't wait to see him team with Menard on the other side next year).
    I thought Hayes caused the Stapleton fumble not grimsley.