Page 21 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Cox is needed right where he is playing.
    I think it would be reasonable to raid one of our deepest position groups to bolster our weakest.

Of course we need good linebackers. But we definitely need a better wideout. I’d rather have 3-4 explosive passing plays per game than an interception every other.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

He covered their wr and broke up the pass in the end zone.

Run the dam ball and let him play defense.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I think it would be reasonable to raid one of our deepest position groups to bolster our weakest.

Of course we need good linebackers. But we definitely need a better wideout. I’d rather have 3-4 explosive passing plays per game than an interception every other.
    Oh my you think the only impact Jabril has on the game is a interception every other game. Watch the guy play, he disruptive on the whole field while he is on D. They have to gameplan for him, He has smarts, closing speed, run stopping and coverage skills that all are above average for a NDSU player. He makes the defensive players around him better. I will stand by my belief that he will leave NDSU after 4 years of playing as the best Defensive player to play at NDSU. We are a Defense first team and to move him would be a monster mistake in my opinion. Sit back and watch him and key just on him when he plays, it is special. Enjoy watching what he is doing every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Oh my you think the only impact Jabril has on the game is a interception every other game. Watch the guy play, he disruptive on the whole field while he is on D. They have to gameplan for him, He has smarts, closing speed, run stopping and coverage skills that all are above average for a NDSU player. He makes the defensive players around him better. I will stand by my belief that he will leave NDSU after 4 years of playing as the best Defensive player to play at NDSU. We are a Defense first team and to move him would be a monster mistake in my opinion. Sit back and watch him and key just on him when he plays, it is special. Enjoy watching what he is doing every week.
    Yep, the Bison could have Randy Moss out wide and still wouldn't throw it more than 20-25 times a game if they had it their way. More valuable to have a physical freak like Cox at LB where he can have a bigger impact on the game than at WR.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    That’s not what I said. I was referring to highlight reel plays.

You want to know what the best defense is? It’s the one that doesn’t have to be on the field, because the offense is efficient and can stay on the field. Wideout is by far our weakest position group. Jabril has the size and speed to bolster it.

Lol at people thinking Cox should be a WR.

Cox is not a good linebacker, he is a great one. You could not come close to replacing him.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

That’s not what I said. I was referring to highlight reel plays.

You want to know what the best defense is? It’s the one that doesn’t have to be on the field, because the offense is efficient and can stay on the field. Wideout is by far our weakest position group. Jabril has the size and speed to bolster it.
    He makes way more highlight plays at lb then he would have catches each game. Dude is all over the field.

No way you should ever take him off the field on defense! He has a chance to be the best that has ever played linebacker here. That being said, why not give him a couple series or a play here and there on offense and see what he can do? I think more guys could play both ways! Obviously not the whole game both ways, but maybe a couple plays or have a special package put in for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Lol at people thinking Cox should be a WR.
    Do you have a particularly compelling reason why he shouldn’t be?