Page 18 of 163 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    W/O injury he will get drafted when he does decide to go and he will play Sundays, even if he is MVFC, plenty of those in NFL right now. Todays NFL doesnt require FBS, if your good enough they will find you.
    You won't come out early to be drafted in the 6th or 7th round. You come out early to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd. Tall order for a linebacker with all the competition out there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    W/O injury he will get drafted when he does decide to go and he will play Sundays, even if he is MVFC, plenty of those in NFL right now. Todays NFL doesnt require FBS, if your good enough they will find you.
    Let's let his career career play out. Hes only played something like 11 games. After seeing Marcus Williams and Nick DeLuca go undrafted, I'm not confident guessing where anyone will go. I would have thought Chris Board was the biggest longshot and he made it. So I'm not even the ballpark of he would leave as a junior. That's just silly to think that after 11 games. Am I confident he has the ability to play in the NFL? Absolutely

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

FCS players make it to the NFL pretty consistently now. However, I'm not sure any of them made it after leaving early. The only FCS player I remember leaving early for the NFL Draft was UNI's Brett McMakin (I believe he also was facing a suspension going into his Senior year). So far, he hasn't made it into the NFL.

In regards Jabril, if he leaves early, I doubt it is for the NFL Draft, but possibly a high-end P5 school as a grad transfer. However, with Jasir now at NDSU and with NDSU's reputation, probably not.

Point out DeLuca's situation all you want, but DeLuca wasn't going to be drafted after his Junior year anyhow. Injuries are a part of the game, but as of right now, that hasn't stop Nick from making it into the NFL.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    FCS players make it to the NFL pretty consistently now. However, I'm not sure any of them made it after leaving early. The only FCS player I remember leaving early for the NFL Draft was UNI's Brett McMakin (I believe he also was facing a suspension going into his Senior year). So far, he hasn't made it into the NFL.

In regards Jabril, if he leaves early, I doubt it is for the NFL Draft, but possibly a high-end P5 school as a grad transfer. However, with Jasir now at NDSU and with NDSU's reputation, probably not.

Point out DeLuca's situation all you want, but DeLuca wasn't going to be drafted after his Junior year anyhow. Injuries are a part of the game, but as of right now, that hasn't stop Nick from making it into the NFL.
    This is exactly right.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He might not have gotten drafted after his junior year but the shoulder & knee injury definitely hurt his draft stock.

Zero chance an NDSU player leaves early for the draft.

Taiwan Jones.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Taiwan Jones.
    Great catch.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agree with your final sentence. Two reasons why Jabril’s entire collegiate tenure will be at NDSU: 1) playing with Jasir and 2) he’ll win the Buck Buchanan award his senior year.

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Waithe-Alexander from So Ill. Darius Victor from Towsend. Delaware had a freaking punter declare early a couple years ago.