Page 85 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I'm not required to act like this is perfectly fine, no loss to the program at all. The fanbase was counting on having its best linebacker prospect in history to play the best team we've ever played.

If Trey transferred tomorrow, would you just say "Oh well, we got one title from him?" Good enough, next man up?
    Ah, the "fanbase" expectations, THAT'S what is most important here! Dude, get over yourself!

We are now seeing what major D1 programs have been dealing with for years, when their superstars jump early to the NFL or NBA. No different. That means that we are recruiting and developing superior talent, always a good thing, IMO. This is the reality in college sports now, we need to accept it with serenity, and root for the next man up.

As to our response, I for one say "Thank you, young man, well done. Good luck and Godspeed." Who am I to deny someone else their shot, just cuz I want them to stay? In the end, Mr. Cox is doing what we all should do at his age, maximize the opportunities we have, take some risks, and do greater things. Just so happens his potential is much..MUCH..higher than most of us can even imagine.

And remember this thread for spring 2021. If the Bison and Trey Lance have another season like the last, I would be surprised if he DOESN'T transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBison View Post
    Ah, the "fanbase" expectations, THAT'S what is most important here! Dude, get over yourself!

We are now seeing what major D1 programs have been dealing with for years, when their superstars jump early to the NFL or NBA. No different. That means that we are recruiting and developing superior talent, always a good thing, IMO. This is the reality in college sports now, we need to accept it with serenity, and root for the next man up.

As to our response, I for one say "Thank you, young man, well done. Good luck and Godspeed." Who am I to deny someone else their shot, just cuz I want them to stay? In the end, Mr. Cox is doing what we all should do at his age, maximize the opportunities we have, take some risks, and do greater things. Just so happens his potential is much..MUCH..higher than most of us can even imagine.

And remember this thread for spring 2021. If the Bison and Trey Lance have another season like the last, I would be surprised if he DOESN'T transfer.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

1st Round 2021 NFL Draft Trey Lance. not a transfer.

After Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields got #1, #2 there is NOOOOBOOOOODY after that

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I thought I had seen everything here on BV. But wow. People are pissing there pants because they are concerned that when or if Jabril makes the NFL that NDSU wont be mentioned and or wont get the credit for him??? Unfucking believable.
    I'm with you. That's a bizarre thing to worry about. To be fair, I don't generally care about guys after they go to the NFL too much outside of wanting them to do well and stay out of trouble. Wentz might be an exception since he is a local guy.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    1st Round 2021 NFL Draft Trey Lance. not a transfer.

After Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields got #1, #2 there is NOOOOBOOOOODY after that

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php
    Guys will pop up over the next year probably. Plenty of guys don't even see the field until they are juniors.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm with you. That's a bizarre thing to worry about. To be fair, I don't generally care about guys after they go to the NFL too much outside of wanting them to do well and stay out of trouble. Wentz might be an exception since he is a local guy.

Guys will pop up over the next year probably. Plenty of guys don't even see the field until they are juniors.
    In regards to the last part of your post, Joe Burrow would be a good example. Not sure he was much of a NFL prospect this time last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes, the fanbase expectations. This is a fan board, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Perhaps he will follow the lead of his starting QB and use the final years of eligibility to acquire a graduate degree.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Or go the grad transfer route
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    There is literally no need as he will get just as many looks here. Now he may even get more than if he played at the dumpster fire that is Nebraska. Too bad we couldn’t have had them on the schedule this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I caught it also, unless he would transfer to a FBS team for his final year. Hope none of this is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    If NDSU wins the national championship and he’s an all-American, I think he would be stupid to come back.
    Nothing to prove and he’ll have a degree. Leave and make money while your stock is high.
    Just a quick trip down memory lane.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

Agreed, like Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This is really disappointing. CB is a position of need and Entz had mentioned that Hall worked occasionally with the #1 defense in practice last year as a true freshman. I wonder if we see a redshirt or two pulled as a result. Maybe Courtney Eubanks???
    Is Eubanks from Florida? I heard there was a kid coming from Florida that could start right away. Suppose to be a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Is Eubanks from Florida? I heard there was a kid coming from Florida that could start right away. Suppose to be a stud.
    Clearwater Florida.
    Paul Fix