Page 12 of 163 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Our current defense is good but not special. Our current corners aren't even near as good as Williams and CJ and our DT need to step up and make some plays. Our safeties and LB are pretty solid
    Jalen Allison is a better athlete than Marcus and CJ as a sophomore. Dude has ridiculous skills but still hasn't refined them like Marcus. The more he plays the better he will become. Jordan Champion started over CJ in 2013. He wasn't there yet

I think our D Tackles have been dominating. Tanguey gets doubled most plays. And we have 4 or 5 good players to rotate in

Outside of 1 bad game that out offense couldn't sustain a drive , our defense has been crazy good. I challenge you to find a stat that proves otherwise http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/24

The only defensive stat I could find is red zone defense... until I realized we have only allowed 22 red zone opportunities all year and we apparently never block a field goal
    Last edited by HerdBot; 11-22-2017 at 02:45 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sign idea for Jabril:

Cartoon drawings of Jabril with the caption:

Do You Like Our Big Cox?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

lmfao@Grimsley is a safety with corner skills. That's why they bring him into the box as a LB a lot and bring in a third safety in Hendricks? D'ohk.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Grimsley is a lot better as a safety than what some people give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    lmfao@Grimsley is a safety with corner skills. That's why they bring him into the box as a LB a lot and bring in a third safety in Hendricks? D'ohk.
    Grimsley is a ball hawk and faster than hell. We have even used Grimsley in nickel before. We don't have a linebacker type safety on the team in the mold of a Heagle who used to come off the field in obvious passing situations. Grimsley's versatility is what makes him a good player. Hendricks has been used as a straight up linebacker. Grimsley not so much.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

We still have Chris Board. He's a tweener and I think Hendricks will be in his shoes over the next couple years.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    We still have Chris Board. He's a tweener and I think Hendricks will be in his shoes over the next couple years.
    Any chance Robbie switches over to FS next year with James as SS?

I've been a big fan of Robbie's since he stepped on the field as a freshman. Sure, he misses a few tackles here and there but who knows if anyone else would even be in the same position to attempt the missed tackle. The kid is super smart and plays all over the place. I'll let Alsen take over for any further in depth analysis.

Since it's Jabril's thread and not trying to drift too much, what's our LB crew look like next year? Marlette in the middle with Cox and Jordheim on the outside?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Any chance Robbie switches over to FS next year with James as SS?

I've been a big fan of Robbie's since he stepped on the field as a freshman. Sure, he misses a few tackles here and there but who knows if anyone else would even be in the same position to attempt the missed tackle. The kid is super smart and plays all over the place. I'll let Alsen take over for any further in depth analysis.

Since it's Jabril's thread and not trying to drift too much, what's our LB crew look like next year? Marlette in the middle with Cox and Jordheim on the outside?
    I've always said Robbie is a free safety playing strong safety. What we lose in Heagle type tackling ability, we gain in elite pass skills. And Robbie's tackling has improved pretty dramatically this year. Not Heagle good but solid.Hendricks is versatile. I like Jaxon Brown. I have a gut feeling we will see Tutsie play a significant role next year too.

Linebacker will be interesting. I think Mercadel looks too damn good to keep off the field. Marlette depends on rehab time. He was injured in October and if it's an ACL tear who knows. I think Beau Polly has been working as a middle linebacker

Freshman of the year and New comer of the year in the MVFC. Congrats Jabril.......
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Jalen Allison is a better athlete than Marcus and CJ as a sophomore. Dude has ridiculous skills but still hasn't refined them like Marcus. The more he plays the better he will become. Jordan Champion started over CJ in 2013. He wasn't there yet

I think our D Tackles have been dominating. Tanguey gets doubled most plays. And we have 4 or 5 good players to rotate in

Outside of 1 bad game that out offense couldn't sustain a drive , our defense has been crazy good. I challenge you to find a stat that proves otherwise http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/24

The only defensive stat I could find is red zone defense... until I realized we have only allowed 22 red zone opportunities all year and we apparently never block a field goal
    Jalen better hurry because he is a junior. And he's gonna need about 14 more interceptions to catch Marcus.