Page 10 of 163 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    This ^ +10, he did that with a dislocated shoulder. Damn, talk about heart. Those were the days
    So you bring up an interesting thought. I personally think today's team has WAY more talent than the 13 team. But the 13 team had some intangibles li that make them a better team. That 13 team could have and maybe did win the last 3 games wihtout the HC and others. This time, I dont think they could do that.

What year did Bohl leave?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    What year did Bohl leave?
    after the 2013 season
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    So you bring up an interesting thought. I personally think today's team has WAY more talent than the 13 team. But the 13 team had some intangibles li that make them a better team. That 13 team could have and maybe did win the last 3 games wihtout the HC and others. This time, I dont think they could do that.
    I dunno man. That 13 Oline is vastly superior. And the starting d-line wasn't as deep but the starters were Kyle Emanuel and Cole Jirik at DE. Leevon Perry at DT. Corners were Marcus Williams, CJ Smith, and Brian Shepherd . Heagle and Dudzik at safety. Hand the ball off to Crockett and Ojuri with Andrew Bonnet throwing lead blocks. Ryan Smith underneath and Vraa. Then you got the best kicker/punter combo in Bison history.

Beck and LJ were very talented and fit out system perfectly but Cox and DeLuca are off the charts next level talent players. Plank and Grant Olson had similar athleticism and went to the bench on nickel but obviously Grant Olson gets the edge Our safeties are better ball hawks but not as good at tackling. I like our D Line depth way better on this team. Our corners look solid but not as good overall. I like our running backs slightly better but only with Lance Dunn in the group. Our TEs are better. Receivers are dramatically worse as a unit and don't consistently get separation. QB... Brock gets the edge but Easton is solid
    Last edited by HerdBot; 11-22-2017 at 03:06 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"Way more talent than the '13 team"...Even if you had said equal talent I would still have to disagree with you, but WAY more??? Yikes. Not only did the '13 team have the intangibles but they also had more talent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    "Way more talent than the '13 team"...Even if you had said equal talent I would still have to disagree with you, but WAY more??? Yikes. Not only did the '13 team have the intangibles but they also had more talent IMO.
    Gotta agree.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I dunno man. That 13 Oline is vastly superior. And the starting d-line wasn't as deep but the starters were Kyle Emanuel and Cole Jirik at DE. Leevon Perry at DT. Corners were Marcus Williams, CJ Smith, and Brian Shepherd . Heagle and Dudzik at safety. Hand the ball off to Crockett and Ojuri with Andrew Bonnet throwing lead blocks. Ryan Smith underneath and Vraa. Then you got the best kicker/punter combo in Bison history.

Beck and LJ were very talented and fit out system perfectly but Cox and DeLuca are off the charts next level talent players. Plank and Grant Olson had similar athleticism and went to the bench on nickel but obviously Grant Olson gets the edge Our safeties are better ball hawks but not as good at tackling. I like our D Line depth way better on this team. Our corners look solid but not as good overall. I like our running backs better but only with Lance Dunn in the group. Our TEs are better. Receivers are dramatically worse as a unit. QB... Brock gets the edge but Easton is solid
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    It was just the right fit for every player...like a fine-tuned machine. Brock was the big intangible.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Imo 13 was better at basically all position groups but TE

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Imo 13 was better at basically all position groups but TE
    I think if marlette and Deluca were healthy along with cox our lb would be slightly better. The overall depth at lb this year has to be better than 13.