Page 118 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1626

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    From the article:

“...“We’ve talked to some NFL people, they felt he was going to be a No. 1 draft choice if he went out. Obviously, we lost some linebackers, we got some good young linebackers coming back but this guy should be an immediate impact player for us.” (End of Orgeron comment)

That’s a bold comment but not a complete surprise considering Cox’s resume at North Dakota State. (Article writer opinion)”

What strikes me about this is, the same people who list his resume and classify it as “impressive,” are the exact same people who are calling NDSU’s accomplishments “JV level.”
    I do wonder how much of this is coach-speak about his new player. It just doesn’t seem logical to me that if you are a 1st round draft pick already, why would you risk any potential injury with another year of college?

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    I do wonder how much of this is coach-speak about his new player. It just doesn’t seem logical to me that if you are a 1st round draft pick already, why would you risk any potential injury with another year of college?
    Exactly...…..just another coach blowing smoke up a player's ass.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder if he meant that the coaches thought he was a draft first option. Like they thought he'd declare because he was good enough and that would likely be his choice. IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I wonder if he meant that the coaches thought he was a draft first option. Like they thought he'd declare because he was good enough and that would likely be his choice. IDK
    Maybe, but he seemed pretty clear on what he said.

I do have another theory though. Let’s say the scouts felt Cox was a likely first rounder BEFORE the knee injury, but not after. Now you could make the case that someone thought he needed to spend another year playing and working on regaining speed and range of motion (without getting hurt again, hopefully). And if you’re going to play another year for THAT reason, you might just as well do it at a high profile school like LSU if they’ll have you? Because if your skills DON’T quite return to pre-injury levels, having an SEC & LSU moniker behind your name might be the next best thing to improve your draft stock, given those circumstances.

That all assumes that Obregon’s statements are accurate about the first round, so just a theory. Most likely, it was some harmless level of coach-speak. [emoji4]

I thought this also. But, Orgeron seems like such a straight shooter. I simultaneously have a hard time taking anything he says seriously and also can't doubt his sincerity.

My dig was mostly on the sports writer.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

I thought this also. But, Orgeron seems like such a straight shooter. I simultaneously have a hard time taking anything he says seriously and also can't doubt his sincerity.

My dig was mostly on the sports writer.
    Generally agree on Orgeron, which is why I needed to come up with another theory to reconcile all this in my own mind.

Either way, it’s going to be interesting to watch this all play out, whether we have a football season or not.
    Last edited by Greta Van Herd; 04-26-2020 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Name spelled wrong

Generally agree on Obregon, which is why I needed to come up with another theory to reconcile all this in my own mind.

Either way, it’s going to be interesting to watch this all play out, whether we have a football season or not.
    Yeah what are the chances he just declares for the draft next year if there is no season...?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah what are the chances he just declares for the draft next year if there is no season...?
    One hundred percent.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    One hundred percent.
    I kind of think (and hope) so, too.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If there is no college season and he is drafted in the 2021 NFL draft, what will he use as his alma mater? [emoji33]
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.