Page 96 of 163 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, there's no easy answer for this. Say they played Jabril as a true freshman in '16.... he could've transferred to an FBS school after his breakout MVFC DPOY campaign in '18, used his redshirt year to sit out last year, and played in '20 at the same place he'll end up at in the scenario we're in. I'd hope the coaches don't try to look into any crystal ball in regards to potential transfers 3-4 years down the road when they're deciding whether or not to redshirt a freshman.
    Not many players are going to want to sit out a year if healthy. I don't see that scenario playing out too often if at all. I could see a kid like Jabril leaving for the NFL after 3 years in that scenario though but there would be a lot more support for that move IMO.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, there's no easy answer for this. Say they played Jabril as a true freshman in '16.... he could've transferred to an FBS school after his breakout MVFC DPOY campaign in '18, used his redshirt year to sit out last year, and played in '20 at the same place he'll end up at in the scenario we're in. I'd hope the coaches don't try to look into any crystal ball in regards to potential transfers 3-4 years down the road when they're deciding whether or not to redshirt a freshman.
    Well from what I can find Hall played in one game western Illinois. Maybe if he had played in 3 more he's still here. Maybe he couldn't cut it. I have no clue. If he moves up he's giving up a year of playing so we'll just have to see where he ends up. Would think maybe one or 2 guys on the bubble would get a little harder look from now on.

Lardsin must go!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IMO, if an athlete comes here, graduates and elects to transfer so be it. He should have access to the football facilities in off team hours just like every other recent alum that comes back to prep for the draft, rehab, etc. He is not on the team anymore so he should be excluded from any team activity, workout, or meeting. For those that enter the portal before graduation, then everything is off limits and they are no different than any other NDSU student. I didn't play college ball so maybe those inside the circle feel different.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Well from what I can find Hall played in one game western Illinois. Maybe if he had played in 3 more he's still here. Maybe he couldn't cut it. I have no clue. If he moves up he's giving up a year of playing so we'll just have to see where he ends up. Would think maybe one or 2 guys on the bubble would get a little harder look from now on.
    I'm still scratching my head on Hall. Yeah, he just got into the one game against Western, but would've had the opportunity this spring/offseason to compete for the other starting CB spot, opposite of Hayes, or at worst, the Nickel.

IMO, it’s pretty lame to shit on a college kid for trying to better his life.

If an engineer was on a team or club and had the option to stay at NDSU for grad school or they could pick any Ivy League school instead. Would anyone begrudge the person for moving on? Not necessarily gonna get a better job, just as Jabril isn’t necessarily going to get drafted higher. But if you’re building a resume, pretty sure Ivy League looks better than NDSU just the same as SEC looks better than NDSU to NFL teams. Not saying it’s right, but it is reality.

Again, just my opinion but Jabril is an all time great and ripping on him for a positive career move is selfish, petty and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Again, just my opinion but Jabril is an all time great and ripping on him for a positive career move is selfish, petty and unnecessary.
    Agreed! SDBison is welcome to his opinion as well, of course. Always important to be realistic about the value of our own opinions, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    IMO, if an athlete comes here, graduates and elects to transfer so be it. He should have access to the football facilities in off team hours just like every other recent alum that comes back to prep for the draft, rehab, etc. He is not on the team anymore so he should be excluded from any team activity, workout, or meeting. For those that enter the portal before graduation, then everything is off limits and they are no different than any other NDSU student. I didn't play college ball so maybe those inside the circle feel different.
    Once he signs with another team, then no. But when he finishes out college, yes obviously.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Once he signs with another team, then no. But when he finishes out college, yes obviously.
    So semantics then? Under that policy Jabril just needs to keep his trap shut for the next 45 days so he can finish school and not upset the apple cart.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    IMO, it’s pretty lame to shit on a college kid for trying to better his life.

If an engineer was on a team or club and had the option to stay at NDSU for grad school or they could pick any Ivy League school instead. Would anyone begrudge the person for moving on? Not necessarily gonna get a better job, just as Jabril isn’t necessarily going to get drafted higher. But if you’re building a resume, pretty sure Ivy League looks better than NDSU just the same as SEC looks better than NDSU to NFL teams. Not saying it’s right, but it is reality
    Very few if any posters are shitting on Jabril. Many just not agreeing that he made the right decision, and are disappointed with the impact to the team. As for your engineer example don't know of any cases where if one left for a different grad school they would let down some sort of team back at NDSU. My opinion is that too many fans put individual athletes on a pedestal.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would be funny if Jabril got on here and started telling everyone what to do with their lives.