Page 94 of 163 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Serious question: Does Jabril continue to work out with the team as normal until his transfer goes through? I am curious if anyone knows how this is handled. Obviously, he won’t be available for all team activities in the spring if he is going on recruiting visits. Also, the coaches have to be concerned about his focus being elsewhere and possibly affecting the focus of others. However, he is still technically a part of the team and needs somewhere to workout, right?
    What about his FCOA? Is that paid out at the beginning of each semester, monthly, or one lump sum? If its monthly, that spigot should be turned off..

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Based on an article I read about the UNLV transfer situation, it sounds like a lot of the scholarship stuff and the ability to participate in team activities/use the facilities is up to the school’s and coach’s discretion.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Does this change how ndsu handles freshmen? Maybe the big recruits you let them play earlier? The 4 game rule is a nice test run.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Does this change how ndsu handles freshmen? Maybe the big recruits you let them play earlier? The 4 game rule is a nice test run.
    I hope not. Besides if you play more guys as true freshman they can transfer earlier and use their redshirt year for the year they have to sit before they can play at their new school.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Based on an article I read about the UNLV transfer situation, it sounds like a lot of the scholarship stuff and the ability to participate in team activities/use the facilities is up to the school’s and coach’s discretion.
    So, what would all of you do? On one hand, kicking someone like Jabril to the curb is a pretty tough way to reward a star player; could send the message NDSU does not care about the individual player. On the other hand, do you want to reward someone leaving the team? I do think Jabril is doing this for the right reasons, but it would be weird having him there with everyone else if he is not fully invested.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, what would all of you do? On one hand, kicking someone like Jabril to the curb is a pretty tough way to reward a star player; could send the message NDSU does not care about the individual player. On the other hand, do you want to reward someone leaving the team? I do think Jabril is doing this for the right reasons, but it would be weird having him there with everyone else if he is not fully invested.
    If you're not on the team then tough luck. You can still be respectable about it though. He is still a student, so free to use the Wellness Center. The coaches may feel differently however.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think you keep him out of organized team activities, but still help him utilize the facilities during any open non-team time if that is feasible. I mean you still want to show other players that the program respects their past dedication and service. I really don’t know. Both parties are in a tough situation. I do think the scholarship should be temporarily suspended unless Jabril recommits to NDSU though I may not understand the exact terms of the scholarship, so someone else may have more insight on that.

To be honest, I am actually a little more disturbed by the Terrell Hall portal news than the Jabril Cox news, mostly because a Cox transfer makes sense for his skills, but Hall’s transfer seems to be out of left field and may indicate a small culture problem. Hopefully, it is just a one-off.

Would your response change if he was transferring to SDSU?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Once you enter the transfer portal you are no longer part of the team. You should have no access to the facilities. I'm not sure how the scholarship and FCOA is handled but I would assume he gets that thru spring semester since he is still in school until he graduates in May. He made the choice to leave so he shouldn't have access to the FB facilities. He can work out at the wellness center like the other non-athlete students.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Would your response change if he was transferring to SDSU?
    If he transferred to SDSU, I would want his stuff packed up that day. Bill his student account for the cost of his uber to the bus station.