Page 81 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    WTF? Well, better to get him put early, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The issue I see with this argument is you are more concerned about your happiness associated with your alma mater (or favorite college team) than you are with his interest in pursuing his dreams. He's the one taking the risk here and it could backfire. I prefer to wish only the best for him, and I don't care if he's associated with NDSU or XYZ during whatever NFL career he may have.
    Loyalty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any chance Lakes enters the transfer portal?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting considering he was in contention for quit a bit of playing time. Lakes would have to sit out a year because he would be trying to transfer up. May get buried in the depth chart. Risky business decision for him.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Interesting considering he was in contention for quit a bit of playing time. Lakes would have to sit out a year because he would be trying to transfer up. May get buried in the depth chart. Risky business decision for him.
    Didn't Sam use up all his eligibility playing baseball?

I came around to cost of attendance and I wish nothing but the best for Jabril but it feels like we're slowly watching the end of amateur sports. Where does this go next and what is the end game?

I don't begrudge anyone taking advantage of what they think is the best opportunity for them, but this certainly diminishes my enthusiasm for college fb and Bison football in particular. Part of the joy for me is watching players and teams develop over their careers. You may think I'm exaggerating.....I used to be a die hard major college bb fan and now I barely watch at all since all of the one and done stuff started. I actually do follow the summit because (until recently) people tended to develop and have their best year as a senior with a chance of making the dance.

I'm just one person and I don't expect the trends to change, but I wonder if at some point interest falls and the money that pays for everything follows?

Careful what you wish for.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Say Jabril goes to LSU and they win another FBS national championship. Will he be only college player ever to have both a FCS and FBS national championship ring?

It's okay as long as we wish them luck and stuff.

In all seriousness, I thought he was supposed to be our next dude at corner. Possibly play a little nickel this coming season? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I came around to cost of attendance and I wish nothing but the best for Jabril but it feels like we're slowly watching the end of amateur sports. Where does this go next and what is the end game?

I don't begrudge anyone taking advantage of what they think is the best opportunity for them, but this certainly diminishes my enthusiasm for college fb and Bison football in particular. Part of the joy for me is watching players and teams develop over their careers. You may think I'm exaggerating.....I used to be a die hard major college bb fan and now I barely watch at all since all of the one and done stuff started. I actually do follow the summit because (until recently) people tended to develop and have their best year as a senior with a chance of making the dance.

I'm just one person and I don't expect the trends to change, but I wonder if at some point interest falls and the money that pays for everything follows?

Careful what you wish for.
    One and done has been happening for awhile. There were one and dones before the NBA changed their draft eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Any chance Lakes enters the transfer portal?
    No. He is at a school that dominates the MW. Players don't transfer from there.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix