Page 100 of 163 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1626

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    If this virus is still a factor and we need to cancel the season next fall we have FAR bigger problems than football. This already weak and faltering economy will be in total collapse.
    It's possible the season could be played but the playoffs can't exist due to the missing revenue from the men's BB tournament. It underwrites the cost of most of the other 85 NCAA championships. Only 5 NCAA championships make money: men's basketball, hockey, wrestling, lacrosse, baseball.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It's possible the season could be played but the playoffs can't exist due to the missing revenue from the men's BB tournament. It underwrites the cost of most of the other 85 NCAA championships. Only 5 NCAA championships make money: men's basketball, hockey, wrestling, lacrosse, baseball.

Is it possible they could revert to a 4 team playoff at that point? Top 4 seeds, with semis played at the 1 and 2 seeds' home stadiums, plus Frisco? That way they don't have to pay for all the lower seed travel?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Don't they have insurance on an event like that?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So who started this virus in the US just to have a chance of keeping Jabril at NDSU for next year

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    So who started this virus in the US just to have a chance of keeping Jabril at NDSU for next year
    I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Is it possible they could revert to a 4 team playoff at that point? Top 4 seeds, with semis played at the 1 and 2 seeds' home stadiums, plus Frisco? That way they don't have to pay for all the lower seed travel?
    But, but, but how would Bubba and the F'Hawkers get their asses kicked in the playoffs if that happens???

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I'm sure that's possible. If the lost revenue does significantly impact the ability to put on the other championships they may have to get really creative if they want to hold championships. For FCS I would think holding semi-finals at say NDSU and JMU and a championship in Frisco could possibly cover the cost of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I'm not sure, but they could have something. I also suspect they have a self-funded reserve that could cover the lost revenue. Many in leadership at the NCAA office have PhDs and/or law degrees so they would think of things like that. And their membership consists of the university presidents who also have PhDs so they aren't dumb people. with the amount of revenue they are dealing with I'm sure they have some kind of contingency plan. By cancelling the Spring season they are reducing that exposure even though 2 of the championships that pay for themselves (baseball and men's lacrosse) do take place in the Spring. Neither of them come close to generating the revenue of the men's basketball tournament.

From what I’ve heard, they did at least for the Men’s Basketball Tournament. Not sure about the other tournaments.

The main source of revenue for the NCAA is the TV rights for Men’s Basketball, so I’m not sure who needs insurance more - the NCAA or those paying for the rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is a story in the USA Today about that:

NCAA built tournament safety net of nearly $400 million and then spent it

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nt/5038279002/

Wow. Maybe they'd better off with fewer PhDs and lawyers.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!