Page 95 of 163 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    If he transferred to SDSU, I would want his stuff packed up that day. Bill his student account for the cost of his uber to the bus station.
    Why would you care passionately if he went to San Diego State University?
    (yeah,yeah, I get it)

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Why would you care passionately if he went to San Diego State University?
    (yeah,yeah, I get it)
    Oh, you rascal.

I am so tired of this crap. Jabril left the team when he could have stayed to play another year. I think less of him especially since he is going to play for anther team. I don't think it helps his draft stock all that much and it is risky. I personally would not have felt as bad if he decided to enter NFL draft, but still would have been disappointed and don't think it would be a smart move unless it was done to assist he and his family with immediate expenses. Tired of sports elevating individuals over the importance of team. I don't wish Jabril any misfortune, but the way things happened I don't think of him like other Bison players who stayed until the end of their elligibility, or when medical, personal or family issues caused them to stop playing. Again all my personal opinion.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Once you enter the transfer portal you are no longer part of the team. You should have no access to the facilities. I'm not sure how the scholarship and FCOA is handled but I would assume he gets that thru spring semester since he is still in school until he graduates in May. He made the choice to leave so he shouldn't have access to the FB facilities. He can work out at the wellness center like the other non-athlete students.
    I'm pretty sure he's gone, but IU had a running back who entered the transfer portal a couple weeks ago. He was originally committed to Ohio State I believe as a 4* recruit so a huge get for IU. The thinking was he was very close to the strength and conditioning coach who left to go to Alabama. Everyone assumed that's where he was going. Less than 2 weeks later he announces he's staying at IU. I have no idea how often that happens. But it can happen. I'm not sure how that does or should affect their ability to utilize resources at their current school.

I don't think less of him - he graduated (or will) in four years while playing college football. Took me five years to finish school and all I did besides school was work part time in the summers.

Why should he (or any scholarship athlete) be obligated to keep playing until their eligibility is up if they graduate? To me he (or anyone) has the right to move on after graduating, whether that's to another school, to professional sports, or to get a job their degree prepared them for. The "contract" is play a college sport for scholarship money in exchange for a college education. Both parties met their obligation here. If he sprung it on Entz out of nowhere, I have a bit of problem with that. But otherwise, I wish him well.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I don't think less of him - he graduated (or will) in four years while playing college football. Took me five years to finish school and all I did besides school was work part time in the summers.

Why should he (or any scholarship athlete) be obligated to keep playing until their eligibility is up if they graduate? To me he (or anyone) has the right to move on after graduating, whether that's to another school, to professional sports, or to get a job their degree prepared them for. The "contract" is play a college sport for scholarship money in exchange for a college education. Both parties met their obligation here. If he sprung it on Entz out of nowhere, I have a bit of problem with that. But otherwise, I wish him well.
    Your opinion. First of all there is no contract other than the rules the NCAA enforces. If you play for a team and could continue to play like most players do you should honor the Bison "family" by continuing to do so. If you quit for legit reasons no problem, but to leave to potentially upgrade just seems wrong. He left the Bison team. I am sure some players have to feel letdown. My opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, what would all of you do? On one hand, kicking someone like Jabril to the curb is a pretty tough way to reward a star player; could send the message NDSU does not care about the individual player. On the other hand, do you want to reward someone leaving the team? I do think Jabril is doing this for the right reasons, but it would be weird having him there with everyone else if he is not fully invested.
    Having his brother on the team muddies the water even more......
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Does this change how ndsu handles freshmen? Maybe the big recruits you let them play earlier? The 4 game rule is a nice test run.
    absolutely you play a guy all 15 games if he is a stud.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    absolutely you play a guy all 15 games if he is a stud.
    Tough being a coach. Job is to win games. But you also most do what's best for the young men, which ultimately creates more trust, better team culture/chemistry, and helps you win games. Answer should always be what's best for the kids. Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Tough being a coach. Job is to win games. But you also most do what's best for the young men, which ultimately creates more trust, better team culture/chemistry, and helps you win games. Answer should always be what's best for the kids. Easy
    Yeah, there's no easy answer for this. Say they played Jabril as a true freshman in '16.... he could've transferred to an FBS school after his breakout MVFC DPOY campaign in '18, used his redshirt year to sit out last year, and played in '20 at the same place he'll end up at in the scenario we're in. I'd hope the coaches don't try to look into any crystal ball in regards to potential transfers 3-4 years down the road when they're deciding whether or not to redshirt a freshman.