Page 19 of 163 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

People leave early, but it’s usually a bad idea.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One other thing that would work against him for leaving early we don't play an FBS team until 2020... the freaky athletic ability is there but scouts like to see how he matches up against similar type players.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    One other thing that would work against him for leaving early we don't play an FBS team until 2020... the freaky athletic ability is there but scouts like to see how he matches up against similar type players.
    Jabril will be able to show his freakish abilities when he matches up with the comparable "beasts" from un_ in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    People leave early, but it’s usually a bad idea.
    For Who? The fan. Football is a gladiator sport, I hope he plays eight years at NDSU but if I'm in his shoes I look at my options and if it is right to go early, I go. One low level contract ($800,000) pays this guy more than he probably makes in 20 years ($40,000 @ 20) outside of football. Bird in one hand or two in the bush, his agent will ask!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    For Who? The fan. Football is a gladiator sport, I hope he plays eight years at NDSU but if I'm in his shoes I look at my options and if it is right to go early, I go. One low level contract ($800,000) pays this guy more than he probably makes in 20 years ($40,000 @ 20) outside of football. Bird in one hand or two in the bush, his agent will ask!
    A low level contract in the NFL isn't close to $800k especially after everybody takes their cut. Players usually aren't encouraged to leave early unless they are expected to be first rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    A low level contract in the NFL isn't close to $800k especially after everybody takes their cut. Players usually aren't encouraged to leave early unless they are expected to be first rounders.
    You shouldn't argue with KNOW IT ALL. I mean... c'mon... Can't you read his name???

2018 NFL league minimum $450,000. As for Cox leaving early, its simply my guess, Im saying he's and early entry in the draft during his career. But, as we know with this site or any other out there, nobody is allowed an opinion or thought on anything. Some site-lifer who cant enjoy opposing opinions (not you bisonator98) will blow up all over this. Just like others did when I posted my preseason NFL forecasts (not on this site) to include; Patriots miss playoffs and Vikings go 8-8 at best due to o-line issues. After week three both look plausible. But hey, lets all cheer for the same team, that's always fun!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    You shouldn't argue with KNOW IT ALL. I mean... c'mon... Can't you read his name???
    Its OK to be a Bison fan and have a player leave the program early!!!! WAAAAaaHHHH!!!

A non-guaranteed contact at $450k is a long ways of from the supposed lock at $800k that you're imagining.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Who knows if he will or won't go but more players than ever are leaving early. Last year 106 players declared early and over one third of them (37) weren't even drafted. The moral is you gotta be careful that the people giving you info about your draft stock aren't blowing smoke up your ass.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-go-undrafted

I would guess at some point the NFL and NCAA will adopt a policy similar to the NBA where underclassmen can declare, go through a good chunk of the predraft process to get a better idea of where they stand, and if they didn't hire an agent they can withdraw their name and go back to school.