Page 115 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1626

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

[QUOTE=BFKasper14;1423467]
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post

From what I heard it wasn’t as casual as they make it out to be. His dad was really wanted him to play FBS as I’m sure Jabril did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As a parent don't you want your child to succeed at the highest level whether is athletics, academics, work. People leave jobs for a better position all the time and I am sure parents are supporting the decision, or maybe even encouraging.

[QUOTE=kab1one;1423552]
    Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post

As a parent don't you want your child to succeed at the highest level whether is athletics, academics, work. People leave jobs for a better position all the time and I am sure parents are supporting the decision, or maybe even encouraging.
    yea this is true

as a NDSU fan, wish he went NFL this year though instead of LSU , imagine our recruiting pitch then!
    (we had #2 overall pick and a LB that went in 1st round after his junior year!)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

yea this is true

as a NDSU fan, wish he went NFL this year though instead of LSU , imagine our recruiting pitch then!
    (we had #2 overall pick and a LB that went in 1st round after his junior year!)
    1st round? You need to put down the crack pipe.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    no but 16 & 17 year old kids THAT WE MIGHT RECRUIT eat that shit up!!
    And how many being recruited by NDSU and random FBS team on the fence will think "wait, he chose NDSU, won 3 championships, and still at the end of the day transferred to a FBS team".

Regardless of whether you have any resentment or not, this is not a good thing for next years record nor future recruiting.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post
    And how many being recruited by NDSU and random FBS team on the fence will think "wait, he chose NDSU, won 3 championships, and still at the end of the day transferred to a FBS team".

Regardless of whether you have any resentment or not, this is not a good thing for next years record nor future recruiting.
    Get a grip. If Jabril is as good as expected it's going to be mentioned over and over that he was developed at NDSU, and how all we do is win, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Get a grip. If Jabril is as good as expected it's going to be mentioned over and over that he was developed at NDSU, and how all we do is win, etc.
    Yep. Notre Dame had a guy transfer in from Navy, and the dude couldnt sneeze on the sideline without the TV folks reminding us "He went to Navy ya know."
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yep. Notre Dame had a guy transfer in from Navy, and the dude couldnt sneeze on the sideline without the TV folks reminding us "He went to Navy ya know."
    Not to be too contradictory but that has an armed forces angle that plays well to fans.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

They will definitely talk about him transferring from NDSU, but once hes in the NFL that angle is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Would be best if the just said "from whereabouts unknown" with a cowboy accent.
    I was thinking "From parts unknown" have a wrestling announcer do the voice over.