Page 27 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    This did not age well at all.
    Wasn't born well. Shep has caught some pretty insane 50/50 balls. The home regular season strike from Wentz against UNI in the corner of the endzone jumps to mind for starters. That was one of the most exciting intense plays I've seen in the Dome and one hell of a catch.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wasn't born well. Shep has caught some pretty insane 50/50 balls. The home regular season strike from Wentz against UNI in the corner of the endzone jumps to mind for starters. That was one of the most exciting intense plays I've seen in the Dome and one hell of a catch.
    Yep. I mean I think he would be better suited as a #2 where he could work out of the slot more but he is a stud. You don't have over 1/3 of your teams receptions if you aren't getting open.

What is the topic of this thread? Talk about drift!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    This did not age well at all.
    I’m as happy as anyone to be wrong. He’s having a monster breakout season.

Stealing this from SmallCollegeFootballFan's post on AGS for his Bunchanan watch list but Jabril Cox has a real shot at MVFC DPOY. Here are the 4 MVFC players he has on his 25 player watch list:

LB Jabril Cox, North Dakota State, Soph.- 57 TKL, 7 TFL, 3 SACKS, 4 INT/returned two for a TD, 3 PBU, 5 QBH in 9 games.
    DE Darin Greenfield, South Dakota, Jr.- 44 TKL, 11.5 TFL, 6 SACKS, 3 PBU, 9 QBH, 1 FR, 2 FF in 9 games.
    DT Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois, Sr.- 59 TKL, 11 TFL, 5 SACKS, 4 QBH, 1 FR, 1 FF, 1 catch, 3 yards, 1 TD in 9 games.
    LB Pete Swenson, Western Illinois, Sr.- 48 TKL, 20 TFL, 13 SACKS, 7 QBH, 3 FF in 9 games.

I'd have to guess that Saunders is the favorite right now (59 tackles from a NT is just insane) but Cox has to be right behind him with Swenson.

https://twitter.com/fcs_stats/status...67997826383879

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Man, his stat line is crazy....and only a sophomore.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

The thing is it is not just his stat line but how he has defenses looking for him. Watch when they start moving him around and how the O will then counter it. It is a fun cat and mouse to watch.

What I really like is when Menard is in there also and they start moving both of them or playing off each other. Sometimes it looks like the O line is loosing there Sh$% trying to communicate the plan. Its a thing of beauty.

I will say it again Enjoy watching Jabril as he could be the best D player to come out of NDSU.

***** only complaint (and it is small) is "wrap up all the time" sometimes he just throws a shoulder in there, it just about always works out for him but I cringe, as sometime it may burn us. Hopefully not at a critical time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The thing is it is not just his stat line but how he has defenses looking for him. Watch when they start moving him around and how the O will then counter it. It is a fun cat and mouse to watch.

What I really like is when Menard is in there also and they start moving both of them or playing off each other. Sometimes it looks like the O line is loosing there Sh$% trying to communicate the plan. Its a thing of beauty.

I will say it again Enjoy watching Jabril as he could be the best D player to come out of NDSU.

***** only complaint (and it is small) is "wrap up all the time" sometimes he just throws a shoulder in there, it just about always works out for him but I cringe, as sometime it may burn us. Hopefully not at a critical time.
    Ross pointed it out in his last film review but he sometimes gets a little loose when it comes to hits in the area of targeting. Here's the example he pointed out:

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status...14517561356289

I'd hate to see him lose another game because of that. We all know what happened last year when he was suspended for the first half of the following game after drawing a targeting call.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I cringed a bit when I had seen this the first time. They did show it at a different angle after and it didn't look near as bad as this. IIRC he just barely grazed the helmet and was more shoulder pads and back. It could definitely have been flagged and reviewed though.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS