Page 8 of 163 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Jabril Cox named to Jerry Rice Award watch list. Congrats!
    Only MVFC player to named to this National Freshman Player Award (so far).

Jabril Cox, North Dakota State, LB, 6-3, 220, Kansas City, Missouri
    Statistics: 32 tackles, 4 1/2 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 FR, 1 FF (7 games)
    http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...14801957022804

Hadn't noticed this until seeing the WDAY story Dom tweeted out but Cox passed Deluca for the team lead in tackles (52) after the Illinois St game: http://www.wday.com/sports/football/...-opponents?amp

Pretty impressive for a freshman who only started 4 games this year. He's also tied for the team lead in TFLs at 9 and only a half sack off the team lead with 4. He's got a decent shot at winning the Jerry Rice award as the top freshman in the FCS if the voters take into account the limited snaps he's played instead of just looking at who has the best stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hadn't noticed this until seeing the WDAY story Dom tweeted out but Cox passed Deluca for the team lead in tackles (52) after the Illinois St game: http://www.wday.com/sports/football/...-opponents?amp

Pretty impressive for a freshman who only started 4 games this year. He's also tied for the team lead in TFLs at 9 and only a half sack off the team lead with 4. He's got a decent shot at winning the Jerry Rice award as the top freshman in the FCS if the voters take into account the limited snaps he's played instead of just looking at who has the best stats.
    I think it also speaks to Nick's injury situation. He has only looked like Nick once since the injury. He is still as good a nearly any FCS LB even in his current state, but I think all of us want a healthy Nick for the stretch run.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jabril also gets a load of tackles on special teams too and I think those are included in those totals, not taking anything away from him though. Love the fact he's getting this kind of experience as a freshman, along with Hendricks as well. Invaluable reps for a couple of young men with their best years ahead of them.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think it also speaks to Nick's injury situation. He has only looked like Nick once since the injury. He is still as good a nearly any FCS LB even in his current state, but I think all of us want a healthy Nick for the stretch run.
    He looked slow the last few weeks. He has never looked slow and has always been closing quickly on people, that just didn't seem to be the case. Hopefully the time off gives him some time to heal.

Jabril is a beast, I have not been this excited about a watching a single player for a long time. He is going to do great things and my prediction is he will win the Buck Buchanan before he graduates and will play well at the next level. Speed, smarts, agility and Power, enjoy watching him progress as I believe we will be talking about him years after he is done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Jabril is already realizing his potential and he's only a freshman. That is absolutely insane. Not only is he an elite athlete and a smart player, he's very well spoken for a kid who is only 19 or 20.

Having Jabril and Nick on the field at the same time gives us something very rare. I'm sad we will only get to see that for half a season

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Deluca could use a couple weeks off and limited action in NDSU's first playoff game if possible. Bad injuries almost always take two years recovery, I'll take Deluca at 90% all day!!!! getting back some linebacker depth will be huge for the stretch run.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Jabril is already realizing his potential and he's only a freshman. That is absolutely insane. Not only is he an elite athlete and a smart player, he's very well spoken for a kid who is only 19 or 20.

Having Jabril and Nick on the field at the same time gives us something very rare. I'm sad we will only get to see that for half a season
    And that is not 100% healthy. Can you imagine those two out there together 100% healthy?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Reminisent of the athletisism and instincts Travis Beck brought to the position

Quote Originally Posted by sbark View Post
    Reminisent of the athleticism and instincts Travis Beck brought to the position
    you think so?? I mean its hard to tell, but it appears to my untrained eye that JC has twice the potential. at least from an athleticism perspective....am I off???