Page 97 of 163 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Would be funny if Jabril got on here and started telling everyone what to do with their lives.
    LOL Really? Most all of us don't currently play in a DI sport for a team that has tens of thousands of fans. Maybe message boards should be banned?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Very few if any posters are shitting on Jabril. Many just not agreeing that he made the right decision, and are disappointed with the impact to the team. As for your engineer example don't know of any cases where if one left for a different grad school they would let down some sort of team back at NDSU. My opinion is that too many fans put individual athletes on a pedestal.
    The first two sentences are spot on.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    LOL Really? Most all of us don't currently play in a DI sport for a team that has tens of thousands of fans. Maybe message boards should be banned?
    You need to get back on your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    You need to get back on your meds.
    You need to drink more milk.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good luck to him. I hope it works out for him. People better get used to this as Trey Lance could be next.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Good luck to him. I hope it works out for him. People better get used to this as Trey Lance could be next.
    Maybe. I certainly wouldn't be surprised, but I think there is less incentive for an NDSU QB to transfer than a LB. We've already had a QB drafted #2 overall, and he has done respectably well in the NFL. The NFL knows that NDSU runs a complicated offense. A QB transferring to another school would have to learn a whole new offense. Yes, it's been done before successfully with talented players, but in Trey's case, there's probably not much upside.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    I suspect this has crossed a number of posters' minds.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Maybe. I certainly wouldn't be surprised, but I think there is less incentive for an NDSU QB to transfer than a LB. We've already had a QB drafted #2 overall, and he has done respectably well in the NFL. The NFL knows that NDSU runs a complicated offense. A QB transferring to another school would have to learn a whole new offense. Yes, it's been done before successfully with talented players, but in Trey's case, there's probably not much upside.
    Another point is that we run a pro style offense and under center. Most offenses in the fbs are spread and they don’t learn how to be under center.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Another point is that we run a pro style offense and under center. Most offenses in the fbs are spread and they don’t learn how to be under center.
    How many NFL offenses operate primarily from under center? I would bet it is very few.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    He’d still have four years of learning/running the Bison offense under his belt. Most competitors want to play at the highest level just to see if they can. I want him to stay but if I was him I’d certainly consider it.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.