Page 80 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    That’s fair, but he is also a QB and I think you can play well enough in one season on one of the top schools in the country and have enough tape for people to look at and judge. After all, they do touch the ball more than any other player not a OC. LB is a little different in that regard in my mind. You could go a whole series (3 and out or say 7 plays) and not make a tackle, bat down a pass and do anything other that playing zone defense or playing paddy cake with a OL. Bottom line for me is NDSU will get some publicity which is great but obviously now the amount we would have otherwise. LSU or who’m ever he plays for will get a lot. It is what it is. Good luck to Jabril.
    The issue I see with this argument is you are more concerned about your happiness associated with your alma mater (or favorite college team) than you are with his interest in pursuing his dreams. He's the one taking the risk here and it could backfire. I prefer to wish only the best for him, and I don't care if he's associated with NDSU or XYZ during whatever NFL career he may have.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    You mean being a power 5 school doesn’t make you immune to grad transfers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He lost his job...
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts

Beware The Ides of March

Good luck Jabril

HerdistheWord is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would feel cheated if they don't mention NDSU and focus on XYZ instead. I feel more cheated that he is leaving. He is dead to me (not really, just in purgatory).
    It’s just something else for us to talk about. We are all mostly just upset that he is leaving in the first place. It is kind of a weird, bittersweet feeling though. I’m sort of excited to see where he ends up and to see how well he does, but at the same time, I have a little butthurt that he is abandoning us, especially after getting our hopes up that he was coming back.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The issue I see with this argument is you are more concerned about your happiness associated with your alma mater (or favorite college team) than you are with his interest in pursuing his dreams. He's the one taking the risk here and it could backfire. I prefer to wish only the best for him, and I don't care if he's associated with NDSU or XYZ during whatever NFL career he may have.
    Couldn’t disagree more. I’m just tired of people saying that there will be no NDSU mentioned when talking about Jabril when there is almost no way they couldn’t in one way shape or form. That’s my whole reasoning for my posts. I have not said one thing bad or negative about his decision to peruse his dream and making what is a risky business move. I’m happy for the guy. Sure I’m bummed like everyone that he chose to leave but that’s his choice and I say good luck. He is my favorite player I will definitely be watching wherever he goes.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts

Beware The Ides of March

Good luck Jabril
    It's OK to not be OK.

Cox entered the portal and wants to test his skills elsewhere. Thank you Mr. Cox and good luck.
    Now the important question, who is replacing him? Lets fix our attention on the person who is going to step up and be on the team next year.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Besides the fact that we're going into arguably the biggest game in program history and he was arguably the best player on defense im ok with it.

Lardsin must go!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Bravo for the Blazing Saddles reference...
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

https://twitter.com/fgosportswriter/...664465920?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.