Page 79 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Question: How are you going to sniff his jock with Fargo and Baton Rouge being more than 1,300 miles apart?
    Now that is hilarious...
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    There is a possibility that NDSU becomes the footnote. If he does well at LSU, then LSU will likely take precedence over NDSU whenever Jabril’s history is mentioned.
    Sure LSU would get a lot of talking points especially as the season goes on and NDSU will fade in the discussion other than a brief mention of NDSU. Once the NFL things start it’ll have a lot of NDSU talking points. They’ll dig deep into where he’s from and how he ended up at LSU. I’m willing to bet that quite a few of his highlights will be from his NDSU days because there is more content. Remember, he played in about 45 games for the Bison the video and stats are there compared to maybe 12-14 games of where ever he ends up.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Sure LSU would get a lot of talking points especially as the season goes on and NDSU will fade in the discussion other than a brief mention of NDSU. Once the NFL things start it’ll have a lot of NDSU talking points. They’ll dig deep into where he’s from and how he ended up at LSU. I’m willing to bet that quite a few of his highlights will be from his NDSU days because there is more content. Remember, he played in about 45 games for the Bison the video and stats are there compared to maybe 12-14 games of where ever he ends up.
    ha ha NO WAY. sorry.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Commentators of games, NFL Combine and Draft aren’t going to say “Jabril Cox out of LSU who played one season there came out of nowhere.” There is always going to be a story and it’ll always include NDSU. You aren’t going to get a possible 4 time All American label and not include where he got the first 3 All American labels. The NFL will include as much if not more NDSU stuff into Jabril’s story/history as they will with which ever team he joins because that is his story and most of his history. At the combine will it show his name with maybe a tiger mascot next to it? Sure but the story will have to follow. The NFL people do it all the time on TV and radio.

You assume a lot.

No it’s pretty standard. You have too much hate. Christ you could probably go on the NFL network right now and find them at some point talking about that stuff. It’s not uncommon.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Eh… maybe right away.

But nobody talks about the fact Russell Wilson threw for 76 touchdowns and started 36 games for NC State. He's remembered as a Wisconsin player.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Eh… maybe right away.

But nobody talks about the fact Russell Wilson threw for 76 touchdowns and started 36 games for NC State. He's remembered as a Wisconsin player.
    You mean being a power 5 school doesn’t make you immune to grad transfers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand why anyone would feel cheated if they don't mention NDSU and focus on XYZ instead. I feel more cheated that he is leaving. He is dead to me (not really, just in purgatory).
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Eh… maybe right away.

That’s fair, but he is also a QB and I think you can play well enough in one season on one of the top schools in the country and have enough tape for people to look at and judge. After all, they do touch the ball more than any other player not a OC. LB is a little different in that regard in my mind. You could go a whole series (3 and out or say 7 plays) and not make a tackle, bat down a pass and do anything other that playing zone defense or playing paddy cake with a OL. Bottom line for me is NDSU will get some publicity which is great but obviously now the amount we would have otherwise. LSU or who’m ever he plays for will get a lot. It is what it is. Good luck to Jabril.