Page 78 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I could see some frustration from the coaches. Pour 4 years into a kid (plus he’s your best player) and he decides to bolt. It’d be one thing if it was to the NFL but to another school leaves a bit of a sting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean, yes it's going to be to another school but it's not like he's going to JMU or something.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I'm really shocked that he is not leaving early. Linebackers, other than edge guys, are more of a round 2 pick these days unless you are otherworldly in stature.

Zach Baun ran a 4.65 40, and I suspect Jabril would have blown that out of the water. Think he would have went round 2 had he gone out this year.
    Last year had two non-edge LB's in the in the top 10 picks. That was not regular though I'm pretty sure.

Devin Bush went 10th to the Steelers. 5 foot 11, 234 lbs. 4.43 40.
    Devin White went 5th to Tampa Bay. 6 foot, 237 lbs. 4.42 40.
    College of Business Alumnus

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    LSU & Jabril both "HYPED" beyond words about this, There's not much NDSU or anyone can do if a kid can goto LSU and Be a Star for 1 year.
    Question: How are you going to sniff his jock with Fargo and Baton Rouge being more than 1,300 miles apart?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I fully understand why Jabril is transferring. I hope he makes it to the NFL and represents NDSU well. Moving up a few rounds could be worth millions of dollars.

That said, I'm not required to be happy about it, or act like this isn't a serious blow to our program.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Question: How are you going to sniff his jock with Fargo and Baton Rouge being more than 1,300 miles apart?
    no 1 does that, such a silly metaphor used by simpleton fans.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I fully understand why Jabril is transferring. I hope he makes it to the NFL and represents NDSU well. Moving up a few rounds could be worth millions of dollars.

That said, I'm not required to be happy about it, or act like this isn't a serious blow to our program.
    it'll be Jabril Cox LSU unfortunately in everything NFL. that's the crappy part about this.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Exactly. He aint going to the draft. Every non NDSU team can F off. I only want whats best for NDSU.

So how will he represent NDSU well if his last year is at another school? The average fan will only associate him with wherever he ends up. The school he goes to next is not going to constantly give thanks to NDSU, assuming he does great in FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Exactly. He aint going to the draft. Every non NDSU team can F off. I only want whats best for NDSU.
    Seems reasonable to me.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Commentators of games, NFL Combine and Draft aren’t going to say “Jabril Cox out of LSU who played one season there came out of nowhere.” There is always going to be a story and it’ll always include NDSU. You aren’t going to get a possible 4 time All American label and not include where he got the first 3 All American labels. The NFL will include as much if not more NDSU stuff into Jabril’s story/history as they will with which ever team he joins because that is his story and most of his history. At the combine will it show his name with maybe a tiger mascot next to it? Sure but the story will have to follow. The NFL people do it all the time on TV and radio.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Commentators of games, NFL Combine and Draft aren’t going to say “Jabril Cox out of LSU who played one season there came out of nowhere.” There is always going to be a story and it’ll always include NDSU. You aren’t going to get a possible 4 time All American label and not include where he got the first 3 All American labels. The NFL will include as much if not more NDSU stuff into Jabril’s story/history as they will with which ever team he joins because that is his story and most of his history. At the combine will it show his name with maybe a tiger mascot next to it? Sure but the story will have to follow. The NFL people do it all the time on TV and radio.
    There is a possibility that NDSU becomes the footnote. If he does well at LSU, then LSU will likely take precedence over NDSU whenever Jabril’s history is mentioned.