Page 24 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Moving Jabril to WR does more damage to this team's chances at winning a National Championship than his chances at winning any individual trophy.

I'm a bit concern that anyone believes he has more speed or catching skills than most of the guys that already play WR for the Bison. I'm sure he would be successful at that position, but nowhere the success he has had at LB.
    That's your opinion, man. I believe that our strength on defense this year has been and will be the defensive line, and the secondary.

By far our most glaring weakness has been the WR group. Stick is probably a top 5 Peyton award candidate, but you would never know it from the way our WR fail to create separation and drop balls in traffic.

Do you really think Jabril would have dropped that sure fire touchdown into the endzone early in the first quarter last saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Our receiving corps has not exactly blown my socks off.
    I don't believe this team is built to do this to anyone. Occasionally, there are some awesome catches and some clutch catches, but as a whole, they're running the ball.
    Hail the BISON!!!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem View Post
    Who said Jabril couldn't play wr and lb??? Purple???
    I mean, I like beer and money, isn't that the same???
    In at least 2 of the last 4 postgame pressers, Jabril has mentioned wanting to get some offensive playing time.

I don't think he came up with that in a vacuum. I think the coaches are coming up with ways to put him in for a few offensive snaps.

That's your opinion, man. I believe that our strength on defense this year has been and will be the defensive line, and the secondary.

By far our most glaring weakness has been the WR group. Stick is probably a top 5 Peyton award candidate, but you would never know it from the way our WR fail to create separation and drop balls in traffic.

Do you really think Jabril would have dropped that sure fire touchdown into the endzone early in the first quarter last saturday?
    He dropped a sure fire interception to end the half. So, maybe.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I don't believe this team is built to do this to anyone. Occasionally, there are some awesome catches and some clutch catches, but as a whole, they're running the ball.
    You know how to run the ball? Have a WR that can loosen the box by presenting a deep threat that opponents have to respect.

He dropped a sure fire interception to end the half. So, maybe.
    He made the exact play that was needed of him to end the half after an odd timeout. I have no problem with that drop.

Is it the offseason already?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

You know how to run the ball? Have a WR that can loosen the box by presenting a deep threat that opponents have to respect.
    And NDSU has had a ton of those in the past? Also, what makes you think Jabril can do that? As I previously pointed out, I'm a bit concern that anyone believes he has more speed or catching skills than most of the guys that already play WR for the Bison.
    Hail the BISON!!!

In at least 2 of the last 4 postgame pressers, Jabril has mentioned wanting to get some offensive playing time.

I don't think he came up with that in a vacuum. I think the coaches are coming up with ways to put him in for a few offensive snaps.

DAMNIT MAN!!! Other teams staffs read this stuff!! Shhhhhhhhhh!!!

Also, I don't think anyone thinks Shep is supposed to be an X receiver. We don't really have an X right now I think we are waiting on our RSF to get more reps or our senior to figure out how to run a consistnet route .

IMO shep is a slot Y or Z guy.

I am sure as hell not convinced JC would be an X.

I think ideally we want

Wattson/Cain as X
    Shep as Y
    Dallas as Z