Page 25 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    He made the exact play that was needed of him to end the half after an odd timeout. I have no problem with that drop.
    I'm sure Jabril wasn't too happy with his drop just based on his immediate reaction.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Is it the offseason already?
    Where in the hell is Loaf when you need him for a little dose of sanity and reality around here??!!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm sure Jabril wasn't too happy with his drop just based on his immediate reaction.
    What defensive player in history has been happy about dropping a possible interception? My point is that it didn't matter. It was unlikely to turn into Bison points. Sure, he might have returned it for a TD. But if that's what we want, why not put him on kick returns? He ended the Bunny drive, and got the team to halftime.

You know how to run the ball? Have a WR that can loosen the box by presenting a deep threat that opponents have to respect.

This works for sure. There is another way: have an OL that blows the LOS two to three yards downfield on the snap so that a tackle "at the line" is a three yard gain. That is the Bison football that I love.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    And NDSU has had a ton of those in the past? Also, what makes you think Jabril can do that? As I previously pointed out, I'm a bit concern that anyone believes he has more speed or catching skills than most of the guys that already play WR for the Bison.
    Teams that stagnate are teams that fail. The Veer brought incredible success to NDSU, and was our entire offensive identity for how many years?

But no one is saying that we should be continue using it because of tradition.

If you can't see the benefit to having a 6-2 225? WR with his speed on offense, then I don't know what to tell you.

this entire discussion is void of the most basic concept of schematics and or how to use formations etc....I can't take anymore I am out

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Where in the hell is Loaf when you need him for a little dose of sanity and reality around here??!!
    Read the thread. There is no sanity and reality in this insane asylum.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    This works for sure. There is another way: have an OL that blows the LOS two to three yards downfield on the snap so that a tackle "at the line" is a three yard gain. That is the Bison football that I love.
    That would be great. But how many O Lines can do that when the team loads the box because they have no need to fear a pass? N Alabama did exactly that, and we saw a disappointing offensive performance. A week later, we saw the passing game shred Delaware, and COINCIDENTALLY the running game got going nicely.

NDSU plays complementary offense and defense, and within the offense they play complementary run and pass. No team can win games by refusing to pass. No offense can generate 3 YPC against a good defense which has loaded the box.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    this entire discussion is void of the most basic concept of schematics and or how to use formations etc....I can't take anymore I am out
    By all means, enlighten us schmelts.

What defensive player in history has been happy about dropping a possible interception? My point is that it didn't matter. It was unlikely to turn into Bison points. Sure, he might have returned it for a TD. But if that's what we want, why not put him on kick returns? He ended the Bunny drive, and got the team to halftime.
    I was pointed out your fallacy that he wouldn't drop a sure fire TD. He dropped an INT with no pressure from the opposition. Compare that to Dallas dropping a TD with a defender in his presence.
    Hail the BISON!!!