Page 11 of 163 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    "Way more talent than the '13 team"...Even if you had said equal talent I would still have to disagree with you, but WAY more??? Yikes. Not only did the '13 team have the intangibles but they also had more talent IMO.
    let me restate.....i think the ceiling of talent for the current team (raw physical talent) is much higher than the 13 team's ceiling was. i think the 13 team was able to reach its ceiling and current team has a ways to go.

i think the 13 team wins 4 out of 4 games against the current team. however, if all starters for both teams played at max talent, i give the edge to this team.

not sure if that makes sense. like i said, making a comparison is tough. so many differnt variables. its hard to argue potential and reality
    Last edited by MAKBison; 11-22-2017 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Imo 13 was better at basically all position groups but TE
    you said better, i am saying potential to be better. they are not the same.

it seems to me that 13 team put in evey thing it had to reach perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I think if marlette and Deluca were healthy along with cox our lb would be slightly better. The overall depth at lb this year has to be better than 13.
    I think a JC, DM, ND lb core if allowed to play together a full year would have been the best hands down.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    you said better, i am saying potential to be better. they are not the same.

it seems to me that 13 team put in evey thing it had to reach perfection.
    True. 13 was very experienced

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    True. 13 was very experienced
    13 had very few injuries too. It's been a crazy year for injuries and we still ended up with the 2 seed.

So you bring up an interesting thought. I personally think today's team has WAY more talent than the 13 team. But the 13 team had some intangibles li that make them a better team. That 13 team could have and maybe did win the last 3 games wihtout the HC and others. This time, I dont think they could do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    "Way more talent than the '13 team"...Even if you had said equal talent I would still have to disagree with you, but WAY more??? Yikes. Not only did the '13 team have the intangibles but they also had more talent IMO.
    How about we table this until mid-January?

It might be a fun offseason discussion then or it might have a painfully obvious answer by then.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    It was just the right fit for every player...like a fine-tuned machine. Brock was the big intangible.
    Brock also had 2 NFL starters at tackle, plus a senior Tyler Gimmestad and Big Zack Johnson to pass protect

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

If we get a game vs Wofford it could be a special day for Jabril. Him against a team that will do nothing but run.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

let me restate.....i think the ceiling of talent for the current team (raw physical talent) is much higher than the 13 team's ceiling was. i think the 13 team was able to reach its ceiling and current team has a ways to go.

i think the 13 team wins 4 out of 4 games against the current team. however, if all starters for both teams played at max talent, i give the edge to this team.

not sure if that makes sense. like i said, making a comparison is tough. so many differnt variables. its hard to argue potential and reality
    The 2013 team was the best team in FCS history. But as far as talent this team is definitely as talented or more athletically but is still a work in progress.

Our Dline is way deeper but doesn't have the super stars outside of Tanguey who is getting back to where he was but still recovering. Our linebackers are more athletic and bigger. Our safeties, when they tackle well, are as good or better. Grimsley and Dempsey are basically safeties with corner skills. I think Jalen Allison is as good of an athlete as Marcus Williams and CJ Smith was as a sophomore. I really like the potential of Bridges and Dom Davis.

Our TE unit athletically is better. Dunn when healthy is our best running back. Brooks is something we have never had. If Cain can start to get more comfortable in our offense, it will make a big difference.

Our O Line I'm kind of mixed on. Some weeks they look amazing. Other weeks we can't covert a 2nd and 3rd and 1. Zack Johnson has the tools to be an all American. Connor is an elite run blocker but he's not Billy Turner in pass protection. Kuhnert is a stud when healthy. The other guys are up and down.

Had we had Radunz and Menard though...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The 2013 team was the best team in FCS history. But as far as talent this team is definitely as talented athletically but is still a work in progress.

Our Dline is way deeper but doesn't have the super stars outside of Tanguey who is getting back to where he was but still recovering. Our linebackers are more athletic and bigger. Our safeties, when they tackle well, are as good or better. I think Jalen Allison is as good of an athlete as Marcus Williams and CJ Smith was as a sophomore. I really like the potential of Bridges and Dom Davis.

Our TE unit athletically is better. Dunn when healthy is our best running back. Brooks is something we have never had. If Cain can start to get more comfortable in our offense, it will make a big difference.

Our O Line I'm kind of mixed on. Some weeks they look amazing. Other weeks we can't covert a 2nd and 3rd and 1. Zack Johnson has the tools to be an all American. Connor is an elite run blocker but he's not Billy Turner in pass protection. Kuhnert is a stud when healthy. The other guys are up and down.

Had we had Radunz and Menard though...
    Our current defense is good but not special. Our current corners aren't even near as good as Williams and CJ and our DT need to step up and make some plays. Our safeties and LB are pretty solid