Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely article about Skarphol

Default Re: McFeely article about Skarphol

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    If people want scrutiny that's fine---like I said previously, lets have an honest accounting of the nickname fiasco and Skarphol's waste of taxpayer money on his "anonymous" open records requests concerning NDSU in his efforts to find dirt.
    Exactly....WHERE WAS SHAKPHOL WHEN UND PRES KELLEY WENT TO CANNES ITALY for 2 freakin months of "researching tenure" WTF! I hope MMcF picks up on that...hes the only one with enough balls to say it!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Exactly....WHERE WAS SHAKPHOL WHEN UND PRES KELLEY WENT TO CANNES ITALY for 2 freakin months of "researching tenure" WTF! I hope MMcF picks up on that...hes the only one with enough balls to say it!
    Where was the media? Never heard of this?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Where was the media? Never heard of this?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    exactly....where was the legislative oversight!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The issue there isn't the money it's the self promotion. The story is he isn't doing it for NYC, he's doing it for himself. That's not what's going in with this India thing. What's going on is the President of NDSU is doing his job, and some curmudgeon who happens to have a microphone doesn't like it.
    The underlying issue is still spending money and attention somewhere the writer doesn't feel it belongs. Skarphol's issue isn't just the amount spent, but the fact he's in India period recruiting students. We have plenty of students here to recruit. I didn't read Rob's post on this, but it sounds like he was OK with the trip but that it could have been done much cheaper. The NYC example was just the first similar one I found. The writer was pointing out the time (and inherently money) the mayor was spending on issues he didn't perceive to be local issues. It's all the same theme: I don't feel you are spending time and/or money on things I feel are important. If you spend some time looking for keywords you'll find articles on situations similar to this one all over the country. The actors and issues may vary, but the underlying theme is the same.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Skarphol was just on with Hammer on KFGO. Neither host or guest were very good. Skarphol used the word embarrassing to describe the situation. I'm going to use that same term in an email to Skarphol describing how I feel about his representation.

Does Fargo or his district have any legislators that will stick up for Bresciani? Seriously, someone of similar stature and title needs to stand up to this bullying.

He would have gotten away with it if he had said he was going to India to do research on a logo for the F'hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Does Fargo or his district have any legislators that will stick up for Bresciani? Seriously, someone of similar stature and title needs to stand up to this bullying.
    Yeah...right
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The underlying issue is still spending money and attention somewhere the writer doesn't feel it belongs. Skarphol's issue isn't just the amount spent, but the fact he's in India period recruiting students. We have plenty of students here to recruit. I didn't read Rob's post on this, but it sounds like he was OK with the trip but that it could have been done much cheaper. The NYC example was just the first similar one I found. The writer was pointing out the time (and inherently money) the mayor was spending on issues he didn't perceive to be local issues. It's all the same theme: I don't feel you are spending time and/or money on things I feel are important. If you spend some time looking for keywords you'll find articles on situations similar to this one all over the country. The actors and issues may vary, but the underlying theme is the same.
    OK. I get where you're coming from. I guess maybe the thing to say is that in other places, either their politicians are better at putting a verneer of credibility on their argument, or their constituents are less isolationist and xenophobic. Either way Skarphol is a tool.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    OK. I get where you're coming from. I guess maybe the thing to say is that in other places, either their politicians are better at putting a verneer of credibility on their argument, or their constituents are less isolationist and xenophobic. Either way Skarphol is a tool.
    I think it's that it's a local issue so you are only aware of it locally. There are tool politicians like this everywhere. Watch the local news when you travel and you'll see the same stories with different players everywhere.