Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely article about Skarphol

Default Re: McFeely article about Skarphol

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Agreed. Got my own version of what I'd like to see happen. Don't know if it's better or worse than other options. Would like to see VCSU and maybe BSC turned into hard-core junior colleges. High-rigor schools meant to feed kids into the four-year schools, but with better support systems for the kids who wouldn't do well in jumbo sized classes. Strip most of the grad programs from MiSU and DSU with the exception of one or two departments at each where those schools try to excel at a regional level. DSU could work the earth angle with geology/paleontology/anthropology/natural resources. Don't know about MiSU. Maybe languages/international relations/international business/poli sci. Just spit balling there. Other than that, simple, generic four-year schools. Business, education, communications.

MaSU gone. DCB as a research outpost for NDSU. NDSCS & WSC refocused even more to the trades. WSC specializing in natural resources and support, NDSCS specializing in high-tech trades. LRSC as a modular school with some core areas and many visiting programs from other schools.

But the idea's not worth the electrons it's written with since it will never happen.
    That is pretty similar to ideas I have talked with people who would like to see a comprehensive statewide education system. There is some truth in there is no system. Everyone is working so hard at keeping their autonomy because they think it insures long-term viability. A statewide system where everyone has a niche supporting each other creates an attractive higher education collective product.

I guess Dean's travel isn't really that extravagant...NDSU paid for coach for every domestic flight...

http://www.inforum.com/news/3941975-...dent-fly-coach
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Couldn't think of many things I care less about then where a guy sits on a plane

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Couldn't think of many things I care less about then where a guy sits on a plane
    Welcome to ND...this is all people have
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I guess Dean's travel isn't really that extravagant...NDSU paid for coach for every domestic flight...

http://www.inforum.com/news/3941975-...dent-fly-coach
    This would of been more meaningful if the writer included a comparison of the NDSU Presidents travel expenses vs other University Presidents travel expenses. Maybe include other high profile
    Government and business leaders as well.

If you don't have anything better to look into you might as well do a thorough job with this BIG deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    This would of been more meaningful if the writer included a comparison of the NDSU Presidents travel expenses vs other University Presidents travel expenses. Maybe include other high profile

If you don't have anything better to look into you might as well do a thorough job with this BIG deal.
    Not when you have an agenda.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post

Lol...yeah they are going to dig into other people, that's a knee slapper
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    That is pretty similar to ideas I have talked with people who would like to see a comprehensive statewide education system. There is some truth in there is no system. Everyone is working so hard at keeping their autonomy because they think it insures long-term viability. A statewide system where everyone has a niche supporting each other creates an attractive higher education collective product.
    There you go again thinking logically.. Keep it up and the state legislators might run you out of the state.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Forum comm never requested the records for president Kelly's one month excursion to Europe to study tenure on the taxpayer's dime. Does anyone here know the process for requesting the info?

Contact the UND President's Office or the NDUS Office and tell them you have an open records request.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix