Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post from eGriz... some big data

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Post from eGriz... some big data

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Cool stuff.

I'd started on a "dynasty points" analysis which awards 100 to the champ, 50 to the finalist, 25 to semi finalists, 12.5 to quarter finalists, 6.25 to round 2 participants, 3.125 to round 1 participants, and a fraction of a point for being in the division. I've only got it done for the FCS era 2006-2015 but here's what the last 10 years look like:

NDSU 516
    App St 263
    EWU 184
    Mont 177
    Rich 173
    SHSU 160
    Vill 157
    UNH 122
    Del 106
    Ill St 92
    What I find really remarkable is that UNI isn't even on the list. Lowly ISUr made it though. ISUr historically has been a very mediocre team outside of the last 3 years. It will be interesting in the next few years to see if UNI can right the ship or if the NDSU factor has as much long-term impact as it appears on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    What I find really remarkable is that UNI isn't even on the list. Lowly ISUr made it though. ISUr historically has been a very mediocre team outside of the last 3 years. It will be interesting in the next few years to see if UNI can right the ship or if the NDSU factor has as much long-term impact as it appears on paper.
    Not that shocking UNI has only been in 1 championship game

They dominated on a conference level but not necessarily a national level
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    No. That's just what happens when your team hasn't one a championship in 15 years, have watched teams like Eastern Washington (who plays in a glorified high school stadium compared to their palace WaGriz Stadium) become a better program, and have watched a team from North Dakota move up to D1 and become monumentally more success at the FCS level.

Just a guy who is jealous and has to resort to fat jokes and calling the Fargodome a tin shed in order for him to feel better about the Griz's mediocrity, lack of success in recent years and long standing tradition of choking in the national championship game. Also guessing he has to try to make himself feel better after watching the Griz get beat by 31 points in the playoffs which is the second biggest ass kicking they have ever suffered in the playoffs and the 6 points their team scored being the second fewest in their playoff history.
    He's gotta be someone who's completely supportive of participation trophys and the "we don't keep score" crowd. His feelings are obviously hurt. You'd be hard pressed to find a thread over there that wasn't derailed by post 5.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit218 View Post
    He's gotta be someone who's completely supportive of participation trophys and the "we don't keep score" crowd. His feelings are obviously hurt. You'd be hard pressed to find a thread over there that wasn't derailed by post 5.
    He will always have those memories of that smoked filled exhibition game played last August. You can't take that away from him.

UNI was 13th on the list behind Jax St and Georgia Southern
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    He will always have those memories of that smoked filled exhibition game played last August. You can't take that away from him.
    This. My memory of a group of Grizz fans, laughing and back slapping after "destroying the National Champions." I ruined the elation by saying; I hope these teams can meet again in the playoffs, you could have heard a pin drop.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    This. My memory of a group of Grizz fans, laughing and back slapping after "destroying the National Champions." I ruined the elation by saying; I hope these teams can meet again in the playoffs, you could have heard a pin drop.
    The games to remember are played in December.

When you are the 5 time National Champion runner ups, you have to hang your hat on those early season wins because the memories of choking in the championship game are just too painful.

i think Bison fans should just stop stirring the pot, leave them alone.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Yeah, no need for Bison fans to make egriz threads worse than they already were... and no reason to try to do the same here.

That was a great post over on egriz... they can call me fat all they want and I'll just go with it or ignore it (btw, we'd be eating kuchen, bitches, not strudel.)

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    This. Egriz is a dumpster fire much like SS. Not sure why Bison fans want to post on either. I just like reading how the other half lives once in awhile to fully appreciate being a Bison fan.