Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1/21 @ IPFW 6pm

Default Re: 1/21 @ IPFW 6pm

Couple major issues here in my opinion.....

Need more bench. Paul Miller is supposed to be our scorer. He shouldn't be our PG. He's a much better off the ball scorer. The lack of depth is wearing him out, and not only he is not able to hit shots at the end of close games, but you're asking him to handle the ball, which not only takles away his offense, but his tired legs are possibly contributing to turnovers.

Also, Jacobson's 3pt % is down considerably from last year. Looks like he is working through a little slump in that area.

IMHO this will be a challenge for Richman to work out and I will be anxious to see what he does about this. Need to find another ballhandler somewhere. Need to figure out what you want from Miller. Do you need him to score or do you need him to handle the ball? You're not doing him any favors by asking him to do both. He isn't an on the ball scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Are some guys sick? Why is Dave only playing 6-7 guys? They might not be as productive but neither are tired starters.
    IMO he really needs to find a way to loosen up the bench. This team is revolving around 2-3 players and that's it. NDSU is in the lower half of all of D1 in assists because their offense consists of 2-3 guys creating for themsleves. Teams are keying in on that and making them work way too hard, and that contributing to the heavy minutes and lack of depth, guys aren't hitting shots at the end of these close games. We struggled at the end of USD with this and IMO this is how we lost to Oral Roberts.

Need to find a way to develop some of these younger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Couple major issues here in my opinion.....

Need more bench. Paul Miller is supposed to be our scorer. He shouldn't be our PG. He's a much better off the ball scorer. The lack of depth is wearing him out, and not only he is not able to hit shots at the end of close games, but you're asking him to handle the ball, which not only takles away his offense, but his tired legs are possibly contributing to turnovers.

Also, Jacobson's 3pt % is down considerably from last year. Looks like he is working through a little slump in that area.

IMHO this will be a challenge for Richman to work out and I will be anxious to see what he does about this. Need to find another ballhandler somewhere. Need to figure out what you want from Miller. Do you need him to score or do you need him to handle the ball? You're not doing him any favors by asking him to do both. He isn't an on the ball scorer.
    Plus if he's guarding a key guy on the other team, takes away energy from offensive end

Played well most of the game...took some quick shots and had some turnovers that resulted in easy points. Still adjusting to losing a player who logged lots of mins. Going to take a bit of adjusting.

Credit IPFW... Very solid team and in 1st for a reason.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's the SYSTEM that Richman believes in and for good reason. He WILL NOT give minutes to guys who don't play defense and play the way he demands. Just won't happen, its EASY
    to say play more guys, but what can they do to help. I do agree that can steal some minutes in first half to get Paul and Aj a break and also early second half playing for end of games to be a bit fresher.
    I LOVE what Kory Brown has been doing to step up to help the team!! We got beat on the boards tonight and than some quick shots and turnovers during winning time cost them the game.

Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    It's the SYSTEM that Richman believes in and for good reason. He WILL NOT give minutes to guys who don't play defense and play the way he demands. Just won't happen, its EASY
    to say play more guys, but what can they do to help. I do agree that can steal some minutes in first half to get Paul and Aj a break and also early second half playing for end of games to be a bit fresher.
    I LOVE what Kory Brown has been doing to step up to help the team!! We got beat on the boards tonight and than some quick shots and turnovers during winning time cost them the game.

Go Bison
    Love the system too. Think Dave is a great coach and I love how demanding he is. It shows in the team the last 2 years. Hope and trust in him that he has a plan moving forward with this after Dupree. Conference season is a grind and it would be unfortunate to get to the conference tournament with some of the team having no legs in the closing minutes of a do or die situation. Conference tournament is the most important thing that matters to me This team, and Richman coaching, we'll have a chance in a 3 game tournament this year and every year. Just have to hope the guys will have the means in those games. We'll see.

Brown has been outstanding. I remember how much garbage he took from some of the fans here as a freshman about his role and the type of player he was. Kid has just been a dude this year.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Could have used Dupree last night. Sigh...
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Just wondering if it's logical to push an issue at the detriment of the team. Like I said before they may not be as productive on either ends but neither is a tired starter. I trust Dave to get it figured out.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    AJ needs to be more of a factor, just leaning way too much on Paul.
    AJ had a rough game last night. Missed a couple of FT's which are usually automatic for him and threw up a couple of bricks from the outside.