Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Good was the 2015 Playoff Defense (in comparison to previous years)?

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: How Good was the 2015 Playoff Defense (in comparison to previous years)?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    What I really can't wrap my mind around is the defense we were playing from the South Dakota game on, especially in the playoffs, is a simplified version of what the coaches would like to run. Now I've never played the game, but what kind of success would this defense have if it was able to play a more complex system? Unbelievable job by the coaches coming up with game plans and teaching these guys how to fly around. Was really, really fun to watch.
    Rule #1: KISS
    Rule #2: See Rule #1

If you make things too complex, sometimes you get your players thinking and reacting instead of just playing fast and trusting in their instincts. I'm not saying that is the case here, it may be a combination of that and just getting these guys game reps. Kleiman told us from day 1 this defense would be better by the end of the year and it certainly was! Its not how you start, its how you finish.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Default Re: How Good was the 2015 Playoff Defense (in comparison to previous years)?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    . This years playoff field was not that strong.
    Is that implying that had UN_ gotten in, the field would have been exponentially better?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In regards to the 1965 team, In 1962 the Bison were 0-10 under Bob Danielson. Mudra came in 1963 and went 3-5 his first year. After going 10-1 in 1964, the 1965 team went 11-0 with a 20-7 win over Grambling in the Pecan Bowl. We beat UND 6-3 that year. Stats that year were 383-87 in 11 games. Mudra, Erhardt, Kjelbertson , Bodine and Weaver really turned things around. Dennis Isrow was also part of the program and instilled the traditions and Bison Pride that we still we today.
    I was in school when they came, but got drafted. My company clerk in Korea was a Grambling graduate from Omaha. Was great giving him shit about that drubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Agree 100% on Stumpf. Kid lays the lumber, too. Also love the way he talks about his pride in being a home grown Bison!
    That entire linebacker corp improved. Can't wait to see the destruction they do next season. We get the entire corp back.

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    In regards to the 1965 team, In 1962 the Bison were 0-10 under Bob Danielson. Mudra came in 1963 and went 3-5 his first year. After going 10-1 in 1964, the 1965 team went 11-0 with a 20-7 win over Grambling in the Pecan Bowl. We beat UND 6-3 that year. Stats that year were 383-87 in 11 games. Mudra, Erhardt, Kjelbertson , Bodine and Weaver really turned things around. Dennis Isrow was also part of the program and instilled the traditions and Bison Pride that we still we today.
    I was in school when they came, but got drafted. My company clerk in Korea was a Grambling graduate from Omaha. Was great giving him shit about that drubbing.
    That had to feel good being from NDSU.

I thought that everyone might enjoy seeing Mr. Victor meeting the Bison defense.

Attached Images Attached Images
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This years playoff defense was the best of the last 5 years. It might have more to do with being fresh and healthy since it's the first time we didn't have players out.