Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is North Dakota State Football's Greatest Dynasty article

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is North Dakota State Football's Greatest Dynasty article

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I agree. I believe at the end of the 3rd championship DVD there are some comments from Coach K where he says something along the line of how long he will be at NDSU. It wasn't what I expected and made me think he does not see himself at NDSU long term. Maybe I misinterpreted, but even though he is humble, I think he has higher ambitions.
    I know exactly what you are talking about as I have watched it several times. I thought the same thing too initially, but realized it was an honest answer. He didn't feed us a bunch of BS that we wanted to hear.

Thanks for sharing, Bison Gal!

BTW, Happy birthday!!
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Am I the only one who was surprised by the recruiting ranking we had for each year? I would have thought we did better than that in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Thanks for posting. Years ago, when I first discovered that Georgia Southern had 6 FCS Championships, it seemed almost out of reach. Now, here NDSU is .... It really is amazing, not that long ago we were tailgating on the grass, sights set on making the playoffs. A very fun ride for sure.
    Yeah, to think NDSU has a 0.625 average is amazing.

That's not our winning average, that's our FCS championship average. We've been playoff eligible for 8 years and have won the NC in 5 of them. It's mindboggling.

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Thanks for posting. Years ago, when I first discovered that Georgia Southern had 6 FCS Championships, it seemed almost out of reach. Now, here NDSU is .... It really is amazing, not that long ago we were tailgating on the grass, sights set on making the playoffs. A very fun ride for sure.
    Speaking of Georgia Southern, and a few others, remember when they were admonishing us to the tune of: screw your 8 DII Titles, when you win an FCS Championship you can toot your horn.

Great article...Alabama, NDSU, and Mount Union...the 3 dominant programs in their division all power running, great defense teams. Hello, everybody else? Can you figure this out? Here in Big 12 country (Oklahoma) I'm so tired of "tempo," 50-45 game scores. The Pounding of The Rock makes me giddy.

Incredible how many comments I'm getting here in OK since our 5th.....and people knowing about Wentz, his comeback game, and his draft stock skyrocketing. It's so much fun to wear Bison gear now.

That's awesome! I love watching the line of scrimmage move and the ball moving 4-5 yards a crack, all day long, in your face football.

The article is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Am I the only one who was surprised by the recruiting ranking we had for each year? I would have thought we did better than that in the conference.
    Not really. We find diamonds in the rough and develop them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Outstanding article. Reading that makes me very proud of what my Alma Mater has been able to accomplish. NDSU Football is a well oiled machine.....