Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is North Dakota State Football's Greatest Dynasty article

Default Is North Dakota State Football's Greatest Dynasty article

Fantastic SBNation story on NDSU Football dynasty.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/201...ntz-Nick-Saban

Default Re: Is North Dakota State Football's Greatest Dynasty article

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Gal View Post

Damn, that is a good article!!!

Thanks for posting it.

Nice article---the greatest? I don't know, but I have a gut feeling that the final chapter cant be written just yet.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Gal View Post

Great Article thanks for sharing!!

GO BISON!!!

great read.

Excellent article!!

My favorite paragraphs:

North Dakota State has a system for getting the most out of the talent they find. As is the case with most college dynasties including Georgia Southern (which was built on triple-option football), or their similarly stunning peers Alabama and Division 3 legends Mount Union (both built primarily around inside zone), the Bison also have a philosophy and identity, that of classic, Power-O run blocking.
    Indeed, their offense is of the Harbaugh "power-coast" variety with a west-coast passing attack included in a playbook that makes heavy usage of the fullback and under-center formations. Of course they are multiple and will mix in the shotgun, pistol, and diamond formations as part of their apparent attempt to find "one million ways to run power."

I laughed out loud at that (bold) one.

The passing game benefits most from a strong-armed QB that can throw curl routes and play-action off their running gamebut since they've been able to draw some big, powerful athletes like Wentz and Stick to play QB who also bring some mobility they've consequently added "power-read" to the playbook. Indeed, while Jacksonville State was able to bottle up their backs, Wentz torched them with 79 yards on nine carries in the FCS final.

And laughed out loud again at that (bold) one

Almost every player on the roster, either on offense or defense, gets a redshirt and a few years to absorb the culture and receive physical and mental development before being plugged into the system.

And that (bold) is just solid. Give yourself a couple of minutes to just think about that and what it does for us.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Nice article---the greatest? I don't know, but I have a gut feeling that the final chapter cant be written just yet.
    Coach K.'s clock has to be ticking at this point. Next year, year 3 is always a critical year for a new coach. Those are largely his players at that point, so really no more questions to be answered at that point. If NDSU does well again, I have to think he is gone. I know he is humble, loves Fargo and all that, but let's be real if someone walks up to his house with a wheelbarrow full of cash. BTW, here is my guess: I really think it will be P5. NDSU has gotten enough press at this point, I think knowledgeable alumni at the right school could buy into taking a chance on Coach K. My guess is he lasts no more than 2 more years if he keeps winning.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post

Love it- wish it would get published on a large scale- love to see ESPN or USA Today pick this up would be huge for the national perception and recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning is Gr8 View Post
    Love it- wish it would get published on a large scale- love to see ESPN or USA Today pick this up would be huge for the national perception and recruiting.
    ESPN has, to some degree. 3 consecutive visits to an FCS school simply is not done. And, Fitting said Gameday will be back next year.....