Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Questions

Default Re: Big Questions

I agree that he will be missed, but I believe that the backfield situation will be better this year than it was last year as Cinque was injured quite a bit last year, and Roehl didn't play at all.

Bison_Dan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flintstone
    I agree that he will be missed, but I believe that the backfield situation will be better this year than it was last year as Cinque was injured quite a bit last year, and Roehl didn't play at all.
    I think we missed him more last year than what we'll miss him this year. That could change if someone gets hurt.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mn-bison
    That might be where we need to get a burner in @ wide reciver and air the ball out a couple of times a game. *Even if we only complete 1 of 4 deep passes, this will help to keep the D a little more honest.
    I hope the audible situation gets better this year, as in the past couple seasons we have seen 8 in the box and recievers open only to stick with the original run play called.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

I think Cabell will fill, if not exceed, Chapman's shoes this year.

Roehl will be a nice bonus to fill in at the TB spot.

Of course, last but certainly not least, Steffes just keeps getting better every year.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Roehl can play every offensive skill position except split end, flanker, and quarterback.

Line him up as a tail back, half back, full back, split back, wing back, tight end, or slot, it doesn't matter.

Jangula is still the proven player. How come everyone always talks about Roehl? Is he that good? I think Jangula rocks. I would think he would be above Roehl on the depth chart.

Quote Originally Posted by bisongold
    Jangula is still the proven player. *How come everyone always talks about Roehl? *Is he that good? *I think Jangula rocks. *I would think he would be above Roehl on the depth chart.
    Roehl is the equivalent of Joe Mays on offense. He's one of the strongest and fastest players on the team.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

broke_back_mnt Guest

With Tyler Roehl the Pack is Back and on the Attack. Nothing like a West Fargo Packer! Roehl might have been the best back in North Dakota history going back to guy named Parez (sp) from Rugby.

Whatever Chapman left on the table Tyler Roehl is going to pick up and more.

Did you see him play in high school?

Quote Originally Posted by bisongold
    Jangula is still the proven player. *How come everyone always talks about Roehl? *Is he that good? *I think Jangula rocks. *I would think he would be above Roehl on the depth chart.
    Roehl would have been the starter last year but broke his leg. *The guy played as a true freshman. *He is the real deal. *I have nothing against Jangula, but in my opinion, Roehl is an all around better back. *I think they will both see a lot of time in the backfield similar to two years ago when Johny Frank and Roehl shared time at the Fullback spot, the difference being, I think Roehl will get quite a few touches at tailback. *The addition of Roehl and White to the offense the year will prove to be a night and day difference from the boring, unimaginative playcalling we saw on that side of the ball last year.

Both of those guys are hard nosed, tough players. I think Jangula is more of a true bruising, lead blocking type of full back. Roehl is a great blocker as well, but is a little lighter and more agile on his feet. Putting them both in the backfield could prove very advantageous for the Bison. I think Roehl is still just a little more versatile in the sense that he can play out of a two point a little more comfortably than Jangula can. Still having two guys like that at a position is a tremendous problem to have, and if that is the biggest issue in the backfield this fall, we will all see some excellent football.