Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Questions

broke_back_mnt Guest

Default Big Questions

There are questions for the BISON. QB is probably everyones greatest worry. Steve Walker is coming off a major injury but we have guys ready. With guys like Ryan Parsons and even Nick Mertens at this stage, you have to have confidence somebody will step up. We have some choices and some good guys that might get chances.

What are some other questions for the BISON?

Default Re: Big Questions

Sounds familiar:

D line is the greatest ?? IMO, with the perfomance of the O line pretty close behind.

LB's and RB's are the only spots I'm 100% confident in.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The O line. I thought they struggled at times last year. Steffes,s YPC was down, and at times Walker was running for his life. Hopefully they will be able to handle the defensive speed of Poly and Davis.

Gamehunter Guest

I am kind of amazed people are concerned with the quarterback position. Steve Walker tore his ACL and MCL last November, what is now becomming a fairly routine injury with equally as routine recovery period. I have seen Steve several times in the last couple months and he will be FINE. Also, Travis White will be ready to go.

As far as the OL, I don't see the issues. NDSU quarterbacks were sacked 15 times last year, tied for best in the GWFC with Cal Poly. That is pretty decent, and last year's OL would be considered quite inexperienced in NDSU's standards. I don't think anyone would question this year's OL being better than last years. They are not going to be the James Madison Offensive Line that we saw in 2004, but still pretty good IMHO.

D Line is a big issue. The current lineup and depth would be OK, but they wouldn't be nearly as experience as last year. Hopefully the transfers and JUCO's that were recruited earlier this spring can help fill in some of the more questionable positions. Frick is locked in, besides that???? I think Lardinoes will be quite the athlete.

LB's and RB's....ready to tear it up every given saturday

Who is going to be our kicker? Bibeu? Wilcox? Either should be capable, but kickoffs need to be better than what we saw in the spring game.

Secondary should shape up pretty nicely. They do lack some experience, but appear to be more athletic than in years past. Can they learn fast enough to avoid early road losses?

Wide recievers should be OK. Having Travis White back is huge and should help the younger guys mature for another year. Still need a deep threat to spread the defenses...

Tight End - both of our TE graduated. Wurzbacker looks like he can fill in nicely but lacks any experience.

Bottom Line, I think we are looking at an offense that can put alot of points on the board and should be more fun to watch, wereas they struggled at times last year. Defense may struggle at times against very experienced OL's.

Walker and the O-line will set the pace.........

broke_back_mnt Guest

Im really glad to hear positive reports on Travis White. We really missed him last year. I thought one of the best drives of the season was against Southern Ill. when Walker got injured. We were moving the ball well and it looked like the tide was turning in favor of the BISON.

For me I think that the spots that NDSU needs to have kids step up is at DE and TE.

1. Tight End- the loss of Cooper as a TE that could get downfeild and get yards after his catch will be sorely missed. *

2. Defensive End- We lost 2 pretty damn good DE's last year. *Lavant and Robbinson will be missed more than Thompson on the DL. *(simply because we are so thin on the outside.) *If Christon Dallas can come in and contribute immediately, *I think that we'll be sitting pretty good. *Lardinois has to bulk up.

3. *If Walker is back to 100% by August, He's the man. *I wasn't overly impressed with any of the three back-up QB's in the spring game. *Mertens's IMO is the most gifted of the three backups, but he needs another year of watching how it's done on the 1AA level. *He'd be fine if we were still in D2 but this is a much faster game now, and he just needs experience.

4. O-Line- *Moving Tadish to Tackle was a good move and he is poised to excell there. *I think that our Center play will be improved since Harrington and Medal were kneck and kneck in fall practice last year. *If the coaches assessment that Harrington has improved his speed and strenghth from last year I like what I see at Center. *Filling the spot left from moving Tadish will be the biggest question mark. *This group will be better than last year.

5. *RB's - *Steffes,Chapman,Cabell,Roehl,Jangula *SOLID *8-)

6. *WR's- *TRAVIS WHITE, what a tellent. *Heckendorf, Majeski good possession recievers *IF Washington can find his grove at Wr, with his speed, *Db's are going to have fits deciding which reciever to double cover. *Besides I wouldn't want to be the Db that stays five yards off of Washington when he gets the ball in the open with just one guy to beat. *

7. *CB's- *Shoulld be as good if not better than last year. *

8. *Safety- Rock Solid. *8-)

9. *LB- *there's not a 1aa team in the country that wouldn't be happy with this bunch *8-)

Bottom Line- This team will be better than last year. And, last year was pretty good.

Bison_Dan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter
    For me I think that the spots that NDSU needs to have kids step up is at DE and TE.

1. Tight End- the loss of Cooper as a TE that could get downfeild and get yards after his catch will be sorely missed. *

2. Defensive End- We lost 2 pretty damn good DE's last year. *Lavant and Robbinson will be missed more than Thompson on the DL. *(simply because we are so thin on the outside.) *If Christon Dallas can come in and contribute immediately, *I think that we'll be sitting pretty good. *Lardinois has to bulk up.

3. *If Walker is back to 100% by August, He's the man. *I wasn't overly impressed with any of the three back-up QB's in the spring game. *Mertens's IMO is the most gifted of the three backups, but he needs another year of watching how it's done on the 1AA level. *He'd be fine if we were still in D2 but this is a much faster game now, and he just needs experience.

4. O-Line- *Moving Tadish to Tackle was a good move and he is poised to excell there. *I think that our Center play will be improved since Harrington and Medal were kneck and kneck in fall practice last year. *If the coaches assessment that Harrington has improved his speed and strenghth from last year I like what I see at Center. *Filling the spot left from moving Tadish will be the biggest question mark. *This group will be better than last year.

5. *RB's - *Steffes,Chapman,Cabell,Roehl,Jangula *SOLID *8-)

6. *WR's- *TRAVIS WHITE, what a tellent. *Heckendorf, Majeski good possession recievers *IF Washington can find his grove at Wr, with his speed, *Db's are going to have fits deciding which reciever to double cover. *Besides I wouldn't want to be the Db that stays five yards off of Washington when he gets the ball in the open with just one guy to beat. *

7. *CB's- *Shoulld be as good if not better than last year. *

8. *Safety- Rock Solid. *8-)

9. *LB- *there's not a 1aa team in the country that wouldn't be happy with this bunch *8-)

Bottom Line- *This team will be better than last year. *And, last year was pretty good.
    Good job of analyzing the team - I think the MAIN thing for this fall will be can we make the defense defend the pass? If we can then the running game will open up and the defense can't put 8 in the box.

Bison Dan, I agree with you on forcing the opposing Defene to play more honest. *I think this was the coaching staff's thought when they moved Washington to WR. *If this works, we may be able to go through next year without removing the red shirt off of Mr. Williams. *

Also, *I think the guy that we are going to be the most surprised with is going to be David Earl at the DB spot. *I guess he has a lot of potential. *His performance will dictate the status of a few red shirts next fall.

Also, Also... Casey Radke will contribute on the DL. Nothing really to back this up except for whenever his name is brought up, the first thing that his team mates say is, "very strong guy" and, you can never have to many of those types.

All I know is Coach Bohl will have them ready.++++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB